£5million To Remove 3 Rusty Masts From Explosive Filled Shipwreck (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
We sailed past these on our way to see the Maunsell Forts in the Thames Eastury last year, it'll be sad to see them go after 75 years.. but it's better than my town being at risk of a possible tsunami if the explosives are still live 💥

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
We sailed past these on our way to see the Maunsell Forts in the Thames Eastury last year, it'll be sad to see them go after 75 years.. but it's better than my town being at risk of a possible tsunami if the explosives are still live 💥

Farkin site wanted me to pay to look at it. Hell no.

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
Here's a few pics I took when we sailed past the wreck, you can see how close it is to part of the Kent coast

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1609159769276.jpg
    FB_IMG_1609159769276.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 16
  • FB_IMG_1609159755452.jpg
    FB_IMG_1609159755452.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 19
  • FB_IMG_1609159782514.jpg
    FB_IMG_1609159782514.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 16
  • FB_IMG_1609159800895.jpg
    FB_IMG_1609159800895.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
Here's a few pics I took when we sailed past the wreck, you can see how close it is the part of the Kent coast
How would removing the masts make anything safer? It's been there for 75 years and is well marked.
The safety requirment costs would prolly be more than the 5 million they are offering, and if anything ever did happen the people that remove the masts would get blamed.

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
How would removing the masts make anything safer? It's been there for 75 years and is well marked.
If the deck collapses the masts could dislodge and cause the explosives to detonate.

I live in the town on the other side of the estuary, in the past week 2 WW2 sea mines have been found by fishing boats and detonated by the army.. there's a lot of dangerous things floating around out there!

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
the masts will eventually collapse back through the ship, prolly don't want that to happen
Not straight down, they are on an angle. 75 years is a long time for submerged ordinance to still be active.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Not straight down, they are on an angle. 75 years is a long time for submerged ordinance to still be active.
the article mentions it's mostly phosphorus bombs, that shit doesn't care about water or time. You can't even put that shit out with water.

Kapitän Ghul'

Like a retard in the night.
It could be the RMS titanic washed up to that point, and if poses a danger to a whole cost of people it would probably need to go.

Back