100th Stanley Cup 2012 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Argos Win the GREY Cup (CFL)

Posted: November 25, 2012 09:20 PM
THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO -- Pacino Horne and the Toronto Argonauts defence took all the pressure off Ricky Ray's shoulders in the 100th Grey Cup.

Horne's 25-yard interception return for a touchdown highlighted a rugged defensive performance that staggered the Calgary Stampeders before Ray delivered the knockout punch and earned the Argos the historic 35-22 win Sunday.

"They dominated the game and gave us that score which was huge,'' Ray said of Toronto's defence. "We didn't have to play with a lot of pressure on us offensively.

"We had a lead the whole game pretty much and they were doing such a good job of limiting them to field goals that we felt like we could stick with our gameplan and stay patient and make solid plays.''

Expectations in Toronto were high this season with the acquisition of Ray, a two-time Grey Cup champion in Edmonton, in a blockbuster trade with the Eskimos last December. Ray finished 18-of-30 passing for 231 yards and two TDs with one interception on Sunday but didn't feel he had to shoulder the load in the Argos' biggest game of the year.

"It has been unbelievable coming to a new team at this point in my career after being in one place so long,'' Ray said. "To tell you I even had this in my mind when I got traded here, I didn't.''

Toronto's defence, under the guidance of former Calgary assistant Chris Jones, was solid in holding CFL rushing leader Jon Cornish to 57 yards while consistently pressuring quarterback Kevin Glenn. Ray's seven-yard TD pass to Andre Durie late in the game cemented Toronto's league-high 16th Grey Cup championship.

Source -

This was the CFL's 100th Stanley Cup game and awesome to see Toronto, the game's host, get it.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
lol

Stanley Cup/ hockey
Grey Cup/ (cfl) canadian football league ;)

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
i do we missed a whole season so i can totally understand that lol....

Back