14 Dead Colorado Theater (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at
Colorado theater, police chief says

(CNN) -- At least 14 people were killed and 50 wounded when a gunman opened fire during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, Police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.

The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.

"He did not resist. He did not put up a fight," Fania said. Police seized a rifle and a handgun from the suspect, and another gun was found in the theater, he said.

Oates said there was no evidence of a second gunman.

The mass shooting occurred during the showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at the Century Aurora 16 theater, police and witnesses said.

"We saw people running around and screaming," a man, who was not identified, told CNN affiliate KUSA.

He said there was confusion in the theater when the shooting began because many believed the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie.

Oates said that the suspect used some sort of "smoke device" before opening fire in the theater.

Witnesses, however, told KUSA that the gunman kicked in an emergency exit door and threw a smoke bomb into the darkened theater before opening fire.

Of the wounded, at least 20 were being treated at the University of Colorado Hospital, said spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery. All of the wounded suffered from gunshot wounds, which ranged from minor to critical, she said.

"They're arriving by police, by ambulance. Some are walking in," she said.

Source

twizt3dfuc

Fresh Meat
From what I read on another site, they got a call from a woman who claimed to be his mother, because she felt he was involved, told the police "you've got the right Guy". I know everyone is accountable for their own actions, but damn. This woman knew her son was bat shit crazy and didn't have him in a mental institution?

sent from my Cm7 Dx2

treeghost

winter sucks
Micheal Moore posted this on FB:
Having spent much time in the Aurora/Denver/Littleton area over the years, I am too sad about this most recent tragedy to comment at the moment, other than to say this:

I fear anthropologists and historians will look back on us and simply say we were a violent nation, at home and abroad, but in due time human decency won out and the violence ceased, but not before many, many more died and the world had had its fill of us.

Thoughts, prayers, and whatever comfort can be found for the victims and their families...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WTF man, what is this WE and US shit?

inappropriate behavior

Your apology is accepted :)
Don't pretend you don't know... ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1342795498545.jpg

O(∩_∩)O

Zinkoxid

Embrace the pain!
How rude! The casualties, injured and traumatized missed the fuckin' premiere! I'm not unsympathetic, but what's done's been done and if I happened to be one of the visitants, I'd throw a tantrum at the counter to convince 'em to play the movie, especially after this stimulative intro!

MATAMUERTOS

اصبع القدم الجمل
Micheal Moore posted this on FB:
Having spent much time in the Aurora/Denver/Littleton area over the years, I am too sad about this most recent tragedy to comment at the moment, other than to say this:

I fear anthropologists and historians will look back on us and simply say we were a violent nation, at home and abroad, but in due time human decency won out and the violence ceased, but not before many, many more died and the world had had its fill of us.

Thoughts, prayers, and whatever comfort can be found for the victims and their families...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we are gonna see a lot of sanctimonious statements in the next few days, the media will gleefully fill up their news shows and papers with the 'experts' opinion, politicians will spout some uncommitted anti gun rhetoric and we all gotta pray....then people will forget until the next shooting.
:beer:

treeghost

winter sucks
This morning, some bigmouth reporter kept saying, "He chose a target rich environment" like he wsn't even talking about people...target rich environment ffs.
The cops say he didn't raise a weapon to them so as not to get shot- they say that means he has an important message he needs to tell the world :rage:

Back