3.5 Years Worth of AR-15 Magazines Sold in 3 Days (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-years-worth-ar15-clips-3-days_n_2356286.html

r-HIGH-CAPACITY-MAGAZINE-SALES-large570.jpg

Gun and ammunition sales continue to soar in the days following the tragic shooting in Newtown, Conn., that left six adults and 20 children dead.

Brownells, the world's largest supplier of firearm accessories and supplies, released a statement on a forum for gun enthusiasts, apologizing for the delay in fulfilling orders of assault weapon magazines, explaining that the company had experienced "unprecedented" demand for AR-15 ammunition magazines in the last three days.

Brownells' president Pete Brownell wrote on AR15.com that the company has sold about 3.5 years worth of magazines in 72 hours, adding that the company is "working like crazy to get these orders to [customers] as quickly as possible." Corpus noted that Brownells' 30- and 20-round magazines are selling quickly, and they've had to order more materials to keep up with the production demand.

In the days following the shooting, gun sales have risen dramatically. Paul Marquardt, owner of ArmsX, a Connecticut-based gun store near Sandy Hook Elementary, told The Huffington Post that the wait-time on the day after the shooting for a background check was nearly an hour -- the longest wait-time he’s ever seen.

The AR-15 style rifle, a weapon of choice in both the Aurora theater shooting and the most recent shooting in Newtown, accounted for more than 25 percent of ArmsX’s recent sales, he said.
The "threat of regulation has dramatically upset the normal flow of production and distribution," according to Guns.com, and gun enthusiasts are continuing to purchase assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition while they can.

2012 was already a record year for gun sales before the shooting in Newtown on Dec. 14, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, who recorded more than 16.8 million background checks for guns purchased this year. And since the FBI does not actually track the number of firearms purchased, the number of weapons sold could be even higher than the number of background-check calls, since customers can purchase multiple guns, according to USA Today.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Oh yeah, not like they serve no purpose other than total warfare, I mean an AR-15 never hurt anyone right?
:huar:

Dumb emoticons aside, weapons are tools. One of the main reasons that we have the Second Amendment is so that we have the proper tools to use against people, or an increasingly larger and more aggressive Government, that may want to harm us or infringe upon our rights, respectively. Six shot revolvers and double barrel shotguns aren't going to scare or if it comes down to it overthrow a tyrannical Government that is hell bent on controlling almost all important aspects of it's citizens lives.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Why should Senator Diane Feinstein (a Jew) want to ban assault rifles in the USA but at the same time praise that almost every single Israeli citizen owns one and can walk around with them slung over their shoulders wherever they go in the country? Why does she think it is okay to have hired men carrying fully automatic assault rifles and sub-machine guns protecting her whether at home, at "work", or out doing personal things, but that it isn't alright for me to have an assault rifle that isn't even fully automatic to protect my family, friends, neighbors & even pets? Is her life worth more than mine? I think not.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
Guns and people don't mix..we're an imperfect species.
Put a gun in a room with 5 or 6 people or even 1 or 2 and one is going to want possession of that gun.
Guns should be for hunting nothing more nothing less.
But Humans will be Humans and destroy each other you see it on TV every day..it's in our nature.
There are too many weapons on the streets now anyway for anything to be done about it.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Guns and people don't mix..we're an imperfect species.
Put a gun in a room with 5 or 6 people or even 1 or 2 and one is going to want possession of that gun.
Guns should be for hunting nothing more nothing less.
But Humans will be Humans and destroy each other you see it on TV every day..it's in our nature.
There are too many weapons on the streets now anyway for anything to be done about it.

Guns shouldn't be for protecting your loved ones or yourself?

By the way, put just about anything of value in a room with 5 or 6 people and at least one is going to want possession of it.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
Guns shouldn't be for protecting your loved ones or yourself?

By the way, put just about anything of value in a room with 5 or 6 people and at least one is going to want possession of it.

I agree with your first statement 100% but anything of value!?
You're saying guns are valuable? Only in the sense of power.
Anything else of value eh? Well someone's valuable may be someone elses worthless...something to think about.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
I agree with your first statement 100% but anything of value!?
You're saying guns are valuable? Only in the sense of power.
Anything else of value eh? Well someone's valuable may be someone elses worthless...something to think about.

Umm, yes guns are valuable. I've regularly paid more than $1,000 bucks for one.

But what I mean is you could put a damn McDonalds chicken sandwich in the middle of 5 people and at least one person is gonna grab it. I don't understand why you made that point though? If there is a gun in the room and I'm there, and the gun doesn't belong to anyone and/or I think I'm in danger, yeah I'm gonna try to grab it myself.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed

But what I mean is you could put a damn McDonalds chicken sandwich in the middle of 5 people and at least one person is gonna grab it. I don't understand why you made that point though? If there is a gun in the room and I'm there, and the gun doesn't belong to anyone and/or I think I'm in danger, yeah I'm gonna try to grab it myself.

Precisely! Whether you're in danger or not if you're in a room with 4 strangers one of you is going to want to be in charge of the gun whether it's you or someone else.
If it's something else there's less mistrust,you'll sell whatever and split the cash.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Precisely! Whether you're in danger or not if you're in a room with 4 strangers one of you is going to want to be in charge of the gun whether it's you or someone else.
If it's something else there's less mistrust,you'll sell whatever and split the cash.

Well I live with other people and someone other than myself has a key to the gun cabinets and safes. Neither of us feels like we are in charge over the other..

deadpuppet

Forum Veteran

:lulz::lulz::lulz::nig::lulz:

kevin kirk

Forum Veteran
Of course hussain obama is going to take away certain guns,He said he wanted to in the gun debate questons even before the latest shooting.Research it.I dont want any rights taken away from us,But voters should have paid more attention to who and what they voted to happen.You cant deny that voters voted for obama blindly, at least the black voters did ,and now there going to get exactly what he said he wanted to do.

mrln

silent ghost
I have a friend who has to wait till august 2013 for certain things, because of things are on back order. and this was a few days after the incident in newtown.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
5.5 million applications for guns in the USA in November & December 2012. People aren't going to give them up easily.

mrln

silent ghost
5.5 million applications for guns in the USA in November & December 2012. People aren't going to give them up easily.

and think of all the money that was made from that. few bux here for this,a few bux there for that,not to mention the weapon and ammo. im talking just the paper work red tape bullshit!
I want a refund! lol

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...low-on-weapons-as-sales-surge-owners-say?lite

pb-130116-streaming-obama-jsw-01.photoblog600.jpg

The shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., last month touched off a wave of gun buying -- and President Barack Obama's gun-control speech this week appears to have done little to slow it down.

Documents obtained by NBC News from the state of Connecticut through a Freedom of Information Act request show a spike in gun sales in the hours and days after the deaths of 20 schoolchildren and six staffers at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Interviews with gun store owners in four states after Obama's speech show that passion among buyers has not decreased over the month since Newtown; if anything, Obama's speech appeared to set off a new frenzy of buying, with some stores running low on guns.

“We were just swamped in here as soon as he got off the news,” manager Bill Loane of Pasadena Pawn & Gun in Maryland said of the reaction to Obama’s gun proposals. “People were just pouring through the door.”

As the first news was breaking in Connecticut a month ago, buyers were having the same reaction. Between 11 a.m. and noon Dec. 14, firearms retailers in the state were busy performing 105 background checks – nearly double the amount logged in the same lunchtime hour a week earlier.

A total of 725 background checks were performed that day, up from 585 a week before. The trend continued in the days ahead, resulting in a 55 percent week-over-week increase in checks.

Across the country, background checks were also surging: 900,000 more background checks were reported in December 2012 than in the same month of 2011. In total, over 3.1 million more background checks were recorded in 2012 than in 2011.

And the trend appeared to continue this week.

“My phone's been ringing off the hook this morning,” Loane said. “I got here 9:30 and it’s been nonstop.”

He said his store used to sell five or six AR-15-style rifles a month before the shooting in Newtown. He sold 55 in December. He sold 12 to 14 handguns on Wednesday and a half-dozen rifles.

Customers have been coming into Fairground Trader in Massachusetts looking for “anything and everything” since the Newtown school shooting, said store owner Tom Downey. Most of his inventory is sold out now, but his phone keeps ringing.

“I had a lot of phone calls yesterday looking for stuff I don’t have,” Downey said. “I’d say that people are on the phone just dialing every gun shop around asking questions.”

Sellers say they’ve had to turn away people looking to buy what has become a marquee item – the AR-15-style assault rifle.

The AR-15-style rifle, which is among the most popular firearm models in America, came to wider attention after Adam Lanza used one in Newtown. Fearing a ban, Loane said, his customers are paying unprecedented prices for the few guns still available.

“I just sold a lower model one the other day for $2,195 over the phone,” Loane said of a gun that a few months ago might have gone for about $1,200. “The guy had to have it. He didn’t even see the gun.”

David Stone said his Dong’s Sporting & Reloading Goods in Tulsa, Okla., was packed wall-to-wall all day on Wednesday. Stone said buyers barely paused during what he described as a “buying frenzy” to listen to the president speak over a local reporter’s iPhone.

“We’re having people call on the phone,” Stone said. “I’m the only store in Oklahoma from what customers are telling me that has AR-15s.”

Clive Courty said the racks at his GunFun Firearms store in Quincy, Ill., have been nearly fully cleared out over the last three weeks. He’s seen the largest surge in interest for “semi-auto, military-style looking” guns, he said.

“I’ve just got some basic rifles and shotguns and basically a handful of handguns, revolvers, a few semi-autos left,” Courty said. “Ammunition’s very low. I’ve got orders for just about everything, but don’t expect them.”

With distributors telling them they don’t know when supply will stabilize, some store owners say they may be in trouble if they don’t get more guns in stock soon.

“It’s a great thing for our business for the minute, but it’s really interrupted things,” Downey said. “It’s probably in the long term going to hurt me. If you don’t have anything to sell, the bills go on.”

Back