357 Opens Her Head

Is This a Murder or a Suicide?

• Total voters

Deathbringer

Vardogr's Voice
Very good post DeathHand! :tu: I love when there is info and/or a story behind the photos.

I also doubt that that was a suicide... I will follow the case

D

dankhead

Probably the drug trafficer had a hit on her. High profile case that she was involved in, must've had some evidence that was gonna put the dude in for a long time. Drug lord's mind is that of not wanting to be locked up especially in a South American prison.

FallenSentry

The Relentless Cynic
Short Bussed
I don't buy the whole "they didn't know she owned a gun" story.
If my wife had a gun I'd know. Just as if I had one, she'd eventually see it. I call bullshit. The husband either had her killed or killed her.

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I find it almost impossible to believe this is a suicide. That gun packs a recoil and her hand would have been thrust away from her body and the gun probably also. Certainly not still in her hand. Also, where's all the blood? The head has a powerful pumping action due to blood flow. There is very little blood I can see. If she HAD shot herself, there would be been back-scatter all over her hand and the gun yet there is virtually none. Also, to get the bullet to go from left temporal lobe to the right, she would have had to raise her arm really high to maintain that angle and they expect me to then believe her arm dropped to this current angle? Murder in the first degree.
The bullet entered her head the other way around: right to left :)

Annihilator

Gathering Leftovers
Also, where is the piss puddle? When such violent death meets a pregnant woman, whose bladder is under pressure of the womb, pissing shall most likely occur.

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I think that this case will be open for a while as investigators sort out all of the evidence (hopefully without screwing it up) - they have alot of forensic material to sort through.

The initial ballistic reports makes sense to me: suicide head shots all look different - there's no fixed pattern whether it was a shotgun or a .22. I've popped off a .357 Mag with 6" barrel and it would make soup of almost any target at close range. But a 6" produces a much higher rate of velocity than a .357 (or a .44) with say a 2 1/2" barrel. It is not a Clint Eastwood .357 (her head at that range would be gone).

It appears that this woman was using a short barreled handgun and although investigators have stated that it was a .357 Magnum, I'm not so sure. It could have been a snub .44 or...it might have been a .38 Midnight Special, perhaps even a S&W M10. The wooden grip is unique (well, what we can see of it) and if nothing else the gun was definitely a short barrel (again, a 2 1/2") which is why it appears that the gun barrel is in her head - although I think the barrel is actually under.

The coroner did mention that she apparently had a reflect "spasm" in her trigger hand that occurred after the shot was fired. Not sure, but I think that he meant that her right hand returned, or never really left, it's position at time of the big bang.

Still tracking down the type of gun that was used - but hopefully the authorities in Brazil will release a photo of the actual hand gun.

:kenny:

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Also, where is the piss puddle? When such violent death meets a pregnant woman, whose bladder is under pressure of the womb, pissing shall most likely occur.
She is wearing a 'longish' dress which could be covering up any release of the bladder - maybe she didn't eliminate enough for it to soak into the bed comforter and create a large puddle or stain. Also possible that she had used the toilet prior to death.

If she did eliminate, it's also possible that it had already dried (the exposure of the photos is not good) as the blood on her face had already done will the large pool of blood is wel on it's way to congealing.

Who knows? It'll be interesting to see what comes of this one.

:death:

The gun looks as if it was placed in her hand cause a .357 would blow your arm back at that range it wouldn't be anywere near her head and plus I don't think she would end her life and her babys life she looked so happy in the photo with her hand on her bump I think it was her husband cause she was his second wife so the first wife didn't work for him and this wife didn't go to plan as the way he wanted it so he killed her and tryed to cover it up maybe this is what happened to his other wife but we never know ? RIP :(

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
The gun looks as if it was placed in her hand cause a .357 would blow your arm back at that range it wouldn't be anywere near her head and plus I don't think she would end her life and her babys life she looked so happy in the photo with her hand on her bump I think it was her husband cause she was his second wife so the first wife didn't work for him and this wife didn't go to plan as the way he wanted it so he killed her and tryed to cover it up maybe this is what happened to his other wife but we never know ? RIP :(
i say it was the imp in the red keep with an oathkeeper

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I've fired a .357 Mag, although it had a 6 or 7"" barrel, and yep, major kick. I've never fired a smaller velocity .357 (or a 44) with a 2 1/2" barrel. If she had used a standard 5 or 6" barrel .357 Magnum then ya, her firing hand might be laying the other way. Then again, it might not.

But it definitely appears that she used short barrel handgun, that, fired at such close range (pressed right up against something such as a skull) doesn't always produce a kick back since the object being shot will absorb much of the impact. If she held her hand 6 inches or something away from her head then ya...considerably blow back/kick.

Usually the major concussion of such a shot occurs when the bullet exits, hits the target (her head) bounces around and then exits the head, not always when it enters.

We've seen many gunshot suicides where the person used a shotgun or other high powered rifle: blew their head right open but they're still holding the rifle.

The husband's ex-wife is alive and was apparently threatening this woman (not sure what form those threats were made in).

But with suicide, some people see it coming. In most cases no one has a clue that the person might resort to this sort of escape route.

Cheers
:beer:

beaverbreath

Well Known Member
Pregnant you say? I had her pegged as a tranny.
That is truly some serious dome-damage. Looks like one of the sutures sprung open. (Sagittal?)

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Just for comparison, I've added a pic of a young man who shot himself with either a .357 or .44 magnum. His firing arm has fallen to his lap, as has the handgun, but that's due to gravity because he was sitting upright.

The gun used here has a longer barrel than the one used by the lawyer lady in this thread and I'm presuming that the dude put the gun into his mouth and fired.

All we can really see in terms of damage is some blood that oozed out from his ear and perhaps some internal skull damage that pushed out the back-top of his head a wee bit.

male-suicide-357-or-44-magnum-1.jpg

2. A Smith & Wesson, Model 686, 357 Mag with a 4" barrel - quite similar to what the dude above used (although not the same the the lawyer lady used).
male-suicide-357-or-44-magnum-2.jpg