46 Million Americans on Food Stamps. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/45753078-people-are-food-stamps-united-states

Thu, 08/04/2011 - 12:49

The number of people on food stamps in the United States exploded in May 2011.

foodstamps511.jpg

There were 312,240,000 people in the United States, mid May. 45,753,078 of them were on food stamps. That's 14.7% of all Americans on food stamps. The average monthly amount? $133.80.

This is the new economic metric, how many people are so poor, so broke, they qualify and use food stamps. The data is hard to find, not explained and located on the USDA site.

That's 2.5% increase from just last month and a 12.1% increase from May of last year!

Even more telling the amount of people on food stamps has increased 69.4% since October 2007. Since the so-called end of the Great Recession, people on food stamps has increased 28.5%.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
It's sad for about 1/4th of them I'd say. They rest are just lazy or are selling them half price for drugs.

Put restrictions on this damned welfare class.

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
It's sad for about 1/4th of them I'd say. They rest are just lazy or are selling them half price for drugs.

Put restrictions on this damned welfare class.
Seriously. 90% of the people around here who receive food stamps (as well as cash benefits, which is bullshit) are simply fucking lazy. It's disgusting that there are working people in this state that aren't making enough to survive on, yet they make too much money to qualify for any assistance, even though it's their own tax money that's being handed out. Yet those who outright refuse to get a fucking job can waltz on down to the welfare office in their pajamas (it's not like they have any fucking dignity anyway) and stick their hand out without being called out on their bullshit.

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Seriously. 90% of the people around here who receive food stamps (as well as cash benefits, which is bullshit) are simply fucking lazy. It's disgusting that there are working people in this state that aren't making enough to survive on, yet they make too much money to qualify for any assistance, even though it's their own tax money that's being handed out. Yet those who outright refuse to get a fucking job can waltz on down to the welfare office in their pajamas (it's not like they have any fucking dignity anyway) and stick their hand out without being called out on their bullshit.
This happened to someone I know:
A single mom, with 2 kids and recently laid off, was denied food stamps here for some unknown reason while a guy who has a part-time job was given $200 a month in food stamps.
I hope that they make it a law that people must pass a piss (preferably blood) test before they can collect their food stamps or cash. Same thing for anyone whose disability is from an injury (I know a guy who is "disabled" due to "back problems" but he's able to carry around a 50lb kid or walk a mile from the grocery store carrying sacks of food; soon as I get pictures and his SSN I'm turning his pot-smoking, alcoholic ass in), possibly even birth defects too.

Zayad

groovy chicken
Most of the people who buy crap at the store I used to work at were Indians, and they bought nothing but booze and chips.
Regulate this shit, because some people actually NEED food stamps.

Decent60

Most of the people who buy crap at the store I used to work at were Indians, and they bought nothing but booze and chips.
Regulate this shit, because some people actually NEED food stamps.
Not sure 'bout your state, but here you can't use the food stamps for that. You can use the cash part though.

Zayad

groovy chicken
Food stamp fraud. The guy I worked for made employees cash out food stamps for 50% face value and let people buy whatever. Far as I know he was sent to prison, but even with the new card things its still apparently pretty easy to buy stuff your not supposed to.

Decent60

Food stamp fraud. The guy I worked for made employees cash out food stamps for 50% face value and let people buy whatever. Far as I know he was sent to prison, but even with the new card things its still apparently pretty easy to buy stuff your not supposed to.
Not here, all grocery stores and alike have to have a system setup and inspected yearly involving food stamps. Although, because of the limitations, you can get stuff that you shouldn't (like birthday cakes that cost $50) on them but no alcohol or tobacco with it. The cash side, for those few who have it, allows you to get anything because, well, it's cash lol
Still, I think it should be regulated a bit more, it would open up jobs for some of those on food stamps...

Zayad

groovy chicken
Not here, all grocery stores and alike have to have a system setup and inspected yearly involving food stamps. Although, because of the limitations, you can get stuff that you shouldn't (like birthday cakes that cost $50) on them but no alcohol or tobacco with it. The cash side, for those few who have it, allows you to get anything because, well, it's cash lol
Still, I think it should be regulated a bit more, it would open up jobs for some of those on food stamps...
Lol, we had to operate under the system of...trust. And I'm with you on the regulation thing, food stamps, unemployment, anything that involves the government giving you money to feed your family, because it's not like we're trillions of dollars in debt or anything.

dennis

Representing Zionism
This user was banned
I'd like to know how many of those recipients are immigrants. Seems like all the immigrants around here get every type of benefit you can imagine. Its thrown in their face as soon as they get off the boat.

Back