A girl with advanced abdomnial mesothelioma

groovysherrie

Morbidly Curious
Wow.. didn't know that. Thought the shit is only dangerous for the lungs/pulmonary alveoli.
I did an asbestos course when I removed the stuff for a living. More than 80% of mesothelioma cases are caused by exposure to asbestos. It's the micro fibres that do the damage. Too small for the immune system to do anything about. Rule of thumb is, if you can see the asbestos dust particles, they won't hurt you, if you can't, you're fucked!!

McM

Krautnigger
I did an asbestos course when I removed the stuff for a living.
Me too, it became mandatory in the '90s here. One week in a quite nice hotel. We as well visited a scanning electron microscope where they do the fiber counting.
We had even a workshop for the men/woman who worked only in the site offices and worked never in the contaminated buildings themselves. They had to learn to close a door/window with duct tape and PVC foil + negative pressure device and had to wear a white paper suit and mask. :lol:
No, I couldn't remember this disease anymore. But I remember I had difficulties to keep track with all those 'crocodolyths' sorts of asbestos too.

Last edited: