Abandoned Churches

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
It's amazing to see how many churches (and a few synagogues) across the world are sitting empty and abandoned.

Most of the following photos (none of which are my own photos - unless you see a DH Copyright stamped on a photo) are from the United States, Canada, Russia, Serbia, Ireland, etc.

There will be alot of Sets in this thread so check back.

Abandoned Churches

Set 1.

worldwide-abandoned-churches-chapels-1-dh.jpg

worldwide-abandoned-churches-chapels-2-dh.jpg

worldwide-abandoned-churches-chapels-3-dh.jpg

worldwide-abandoned-churches-chapels-4-dh.jpg

worldwide-abandoned-churches-chapels-5-dh.jpg

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Some great pics there...thanks for sharing. I'm not religious in any way but I do think churches are beautiful buildings. Some creepy looking places there tho!
I'm the same: no religious stuff. I've done alot of urban/rural exploring but where I live doesn't have alot of old buildings like these. I'd love to visit some of these countries just to see the different places :)

OneSickOne

Kinky as a twisted chain
Great pics DH. One reason so many fall into disrepair or are abandoned is that it is hard to sell a Church because unless another Church wishes to buy it the buildings are so difficult to use for anything else. With most commercial property you can put different businesses in them though it might require some remodeling.

not_a_robot

Quietly watching from the corner
Damn there's some nice lights and Windows that I wouldn't mind helping myself too in some of those! I wonder if anyone would notice if they went missing...