Abandoned

King-Rory

Forum Veteran
History

View attachment 396004View attachment 396005

The second image looks like something from Ghost Busters.
What a lovely old building, such a shame to see it end up like that. I'm a brickie and I love looking at old buildings, the craftsmanship that went into those places was fantastic. Nowadays they chuck the fucking boxes up in no time at all with no thought or consideration for longevity or appearance. Some of the houses that I worked on as a kid look fucking terrible now, in another 50 years they'll be ready for demolition.

OP
DeathsDoor

DeathsDoor

Knock Knock
What a lovely old building, such a shame to see it end up like that. I'm a brickie and I love looking at old buildings, the craftsmanship that went into those places was fantastic. Nowadays they chuck the fucking boxes up in no time at all with no thought or consideration for longevity or appearance. Some of the houses that I worked on as a kid look fucking terrible now, in another 50 years they'll be ready for demolition.
I hate the new builds that are being built in the area round where I live.. (slums in the next 10 years) My house was built onto a grade 2 listed building. They had to use all old stock bricks and really old slates.. even put in wood sash windows! Double glazed now! bloody sash windows rotted after 15 years. Cheap pine they used.

King-Rory

Forum Veteran
I hate the new builds that are being built in the area round where I live.. (slums in the next 10 years) My house was built onto a grade 2 listed building. They had to use all old stock bricks and really old slates.. even put in wood sash windows! Double glazed now! bloody sash windows rotted after 15 years. Cheap pine they used.
My Bro moved into a listed cottage, same shit with the sash windows, same rot as well, five front windows and a tiny side window cost him £5k, rotted in 10 years.

OP
DeathsDoor

DeathsDoor

Knock Knock
My Granddad was a brick layer.. Second in from the right. Funny how they dressed in them days.

gd.jpg