Amber Alert: 3 Sisters, Mom Missing (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

KG

stalking
Safe as in alive & in one piece? After such an ordeal, doubt they came out unscathed. Physically, emotionally & mentally.

Wonder what actually set this kidnapping off...

I believe it was said he thought the youngest 2 girls may have been his.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
It seems that he had no plan at all of what to do or where to go. It seems that all he did plan at some point was getting a 9mm gun from a friend of his (this friend has now been charged). Atleast he took himself out and let the sisters live.

"(CNN) -- Dirty, dehydrated and starving, itching all over with poison ivy and bug bites, 12-year-old Alexandra Bain and her 8-year-old sister Kyliyah Bain lay face-down in a swath of northern Mississippi woods -- their kidnapper by their side.

Thirteen days earlier, authorities say the girls were abducted from their Whiteville, Tennessee, home by Adam Mayes after he strangled their mother and 14-year-old sister.

And for the last three days, Alexandria and Kyliyah had nothing to eat or drink.

Their weary, young bodies were prone, right along with Mayes, about dusk Thursday near a logging road in an area populated with deer and an occasional hunter, but little else.

Then a state officer -- one of scores of law enforcement agents who had been working round the clock to find Mayes and the Bain sisters -- yelled, "Get your hands up."

One girl picked her head up, soon followed by the other. Mayes himself then began to raise his head, all the while holding a 9 mm pistol.

"I hollered 'Gun!' three times to let my team know that there was a weapon involved," recalled Master Sgt. Steve Crawford, head of the Mississippi Highway Patrol's special operations unit.

"Then he raised to his knees, never brandished a gun toward any of us or the children, and at that time took his own life."

The sisters "didn't cry" after Mayes shot himself "within inches" of them, seemingly relieved the worst of their ordeal was over Thursday night, said Crawford. After getting a drink of water, they were whisked off by ambulance with two female agents, said FBI spokesman Jason Pack.

Then, some time between 2 and 5 a.m. Friday, they were released from Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, hospital spokeswoman Sara Burnett said."

D.N.R.

Medication time
I worked part time at LeBonheur Children's five yrs ago.
I really hope that these girls are immediately put into intensive therapy. I cannot imagine the hell they just survived.
If this guy believed them to be his daughters apparently he and their mother had an affair at some point. I wonder if they were still involved to some degree. I would like to hear more about the entire dynamics, it seems like we may not be getting the whole story as to why he did this.
I am so relieved to hear that the girls are safe I just hope they are going to live in a stable home.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Yep, they survived one hell and now they enter another. They are going to need therapy for years. Both they and the father, Gary, not only have to face dealing with what happened (death of mother/wife and elder sister, kidnapping, trusted friend suicide right beside them) but also, to a lesser degree, the question of "was Adam their bio father and if he was did Gary or the younger sisters know?"

With Adam dead, many questions will go unanswered forever.

KG

stalking
Seems those girls lived in a very strange family environment. If he thought they were his daughters then one can hope they didn't have to go through any sexual abuse at the hands of this animal.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
A quick update on this one.

Murderer's body donated to science after his family refuses to claim it

The body of alleged killer and kidnapper Adam Mayes has been turned over to science after his family refused to claim his remains.

Mayes' body was received at the body farm at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville on Wednesday where it will be studied by UT's Forensic Anthropology Center for its decomposition.

Up until this week his body had been laying unclaimed in a state crime lab after he shot himself in Mississippi allowing the recovery of sisters Alexandria, 12, and Kyliyah, 8, he allegedly kidnapped.

The girls' mother and older sister were killed.

'He can go on for research and education and maybe a bad thing, after a bad thing has happened, maybe something good can come of it,' said Union County Coroner Mark Golding speaking with WMC-TV.

State officials had been working since May 10 to determine what to do with his body.

According to Mississippi state law, it's the family's responsibility to claim his body but his brother, the only free member of his family, refused him.

Mayes' wife signed over his body from her jail cell in Tennessee, where she is facing charges related to the kidnapping and slaying with his mother, WMC-TV reports.

Mr Golding previously struggled with Mayes' brother's refusal of the body which would have cost $900 in tax payers' money if left unclaimed past six months.

He said he considered asking his brother if they could donate the body to science but was originally told they needed Mayes' consent to it before his death.

While the body farm originally reported being full and unable to take any more bodies, they made an exception for Mayes'.

'From the forensic world, nothing is unworthy of study,' said former Shelby county medical examiner Dr O.C. Smith, speaking with WMC-TV.

'You have to sit there, you have to look at it and take it apart and watch it happen and that's why although this was a very tragic incident, this is probably the best use for this person's body to serve mankind,' he said.

Police believe Mayes killed the girls' mother Jo Ann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter, Adrienne Bain, on April 27 in their home in Whiteville, Tennessee, before fleeing with the two youngest.

The girls have since begun an interview process with police over their traumatic experience.

Source -

Back