American Sniper Trial..Guilty (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TehBitch

*I Squirt Blonde*
Administrator
A Texas jury has found Eddie Ray Routh guilty of murder in the killings of "American Sniper" Chris Kyle and Kyle's friend, Chad Littlefield.

The jury announced its verdict at around 10:20 p.m. E.T. at a Stephenville courthouse. They were given the case at 7:36 p.m. E.T.

Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty, and Routh was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Routh, 27, admitted to killing both men at the shooting range of Rough Creek Lodge and Resort, southwest of Dallas, on Feb. 2, 2013.

Routh pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to capital murder. His attorneys have said Routh, a former Marine corporal who served in Iraq but not in a combat role, was in the grip of a medically diagnosed psychosis at the time of the killings.

Prosecutors said that Routh was drinking and smoking marijuana on the morning of the crime. They argue that he was paranoid because he was high, and that he was angry about living with his parents, relationship problems, money and his job — then finally exploded when Kyle and Littlefield snubbed him.

Experts for the prosecution have testified that Routh knew what he was doing was wrong when he killed the two men.

Earlier Thursday, jurors heard a recording in which Routh told a reporter nearly four months after the killings that, "It tore my (expletive) heart out what I did. I don't know why I did it, but I did it."

Routh, speaking to a reporter from The New Yorker magazine on May 31, 2013, said, "I feel so (expletive) about it. I guess you live and learn, you know."

"American Sniper," the movie based on Kyle's account of his experiences as a Navy SEAL, was nominated for best picture at the Oscars. Kyle's widow, Taya, attended the ceremony on Sunday night before flying back to Texas for the rest of the trial.

— By Jacob Rascon and Phil Helsel

First published February 24th 2015, 10:05 pm

Eddie Ray Routh

150224-eddie-ray-routh-file-jsw-838a_6ed9328622a5acf692a61f3712373694.jpg

Victims :

Chris Kyle

Chris_Kyle.jpg

Chad Littlefield
screen-shot-2013-02-08-at-10-19-34-am.png

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-guilty-american-sniper-murder-trial-n312101

Mtnflyer

Border Undesirable
Routh no longer lives with his parents, and has no more money and job problems. His relationship problems still exist, because he's going to be someone's bitch.:yobitch:For the rest of his useless life.

DIVISION77

First, Last & Always
It's ironic that Kyle survived several deployments but was killed by a Marine he was trying to help.

I'm starting to wonder if there's any rhyme or reason to life and death.

Texas being Texas didn't even blink an eyelash when it came to sentencing Routh.

They give life sentences here like they're handing out candy.

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
Fuck Texas. I want to see them give life sentences to the agents responsible for the cowardly murder of bikers in Waco. Without provocation and without concern for civilians. And RICO every agent involved for the wrongful incarceration of over 170 men and women who are witnesses to these murders yet silenced by false charges and a million dollar bond for each individual.

Back on topic, the shooter can rot in hell and I'm sure inmates will make sure his time is hell.

CPOCSM

Fresh Meat

who is this tosser? Protected self indulgent media prick who loves the sound of his own voice...wished they had killed 10 x that amount of people. We shelled the Al Faw peninsula when the war was in full swing and they said back in Australia we killed innocents, it was Vietnam all over again and we were all labelled baby killers by scumbags like the above prick. Hope you choke on your own spit you fucker. Good or bad, Kyle did it of his own free will and so you can enjoy your right to free speech. Throat punch!

Guipago

Forum Veteran
While I agree that media are scumbags he did bring up valid points, the area Kyle was operating in was NOT a "free fire zone" like places in Vietnam which means everybody gets zapped, civilians still live in these places & if you target them they WILL turn into the enemy, I really wonder if Kyle's kill count included a lot of civilians with no weapons that the relatives then turned into enemy & then went out & shot US servicemen in vengeance because of one man's actions.

Back