Anyone Know How

ErisKillton

Forum Veteran
To transfer files from a Mac to a PC without loosing the files on my Mac ?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Cody

Banned
I can't tell you that, but I can tell you that I'm proud of you for refusing to pay too much for shitty electronics again.

Cody

Banned
If you don't want to be a sheeple and avoid viruses without having an antivirus slow your computer down i'd suggest using linux/ubuntu and saying fuck windows. Its pretty easy to use.

OP
ErisKillton

ErisKillton

Forum Veteran
Yea that's my next project. I just got everything set up tonight. I'm looking foreword to playing with it. But I can't really play untill I get all my files in there. Music first.

Used Ubuntu several time and loved it. The only drawback was not being able to play PC games. I know about WINE, but I could never get a single PC game to work with it.
Probably user error, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Cody

Banned
Used Ubuntu several time and loved it. The only drawback was not being able to play PC games. I know about WINE, but I could never get a single PC game to work with it.
Probably user error, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Steam works with ubuntu /problem

JenAdair

Rookie
Zonealarm has a good free antivirus/firewall. I could never do much with ubuntu. Just so much that wasn't compatible.

Cody

Banned
Zonealarm has a good free antivirus/firewall. I could never do much with ubuntu. Just so much that wasn't compatible.
I use AVG and have never gotten a virus, Avast is good too but my laptop is slow and avast wants to update too often and that lags me. Bitches hate lag ya know.

OP
ErisKillton

ErisKillton

Forum Veteran
OMG!!!! I did it!! ... I found a way to transfer all my music and photos and movies and everything. I have everything backed up on an external HD, a WD Passport thats formatted for Mac, but my PC wouldnt read it.... so I got this program called TransMac and BOOM it reads everything off of there and I just copy paste everything I want. Brilliant program. Cool way around technonazification and I'm quite proud of myself for finding yet another way to make technology my bitch!

Small victories....