Army Wife kills her "mouthy" teenagers (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The wife of a military officer shot and killed her son on the way to soccer practice, then drove to their upscale home and shot her daughter in the head while she studied at her computer, police said Friday. Afterward, the woman told detectives she killed the teens for being "mouthy."
Julie Powers Schenecker admitted the slayings after officers found her covered in blood on the back porch of her home Friday morning, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Schenecker's mother had called police from Texas because she was unable to reach the 50-year-old woman, who she said was depressed and had been complaining about her children.
Schenecker's husband, Parker Schenecker, is an Army colonel stationed at the headquarters of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. The father had been away for several days when the killings happened, said CentCom spokesman Lt. Col. Michael Lawhorn, describing him as a career Army intelligence officer.
Police said Parker Schenecker was in Qatar and was told of his children's deaths on Friday.
Julie Schenecker left a note detailing her plans to kill her disrespectful children and then herself, saying "they talked back and were mouthy and that she was going to take care of it," McElroy said. She provided the same motive to police who interviewed her.
"I think we will never understand how or why a mother could take the lives of her children," McElroy said. "That was the only reason she provided to our detectives."
The body of Schenecker's daughter, Calyx Powers Schenecker, 16, was found in an upstairs bedroom, McElroy said. The body of her son, Powers Beau Schenecker, 13, was found in an SUV in the garage.
An arrest affidavit said Schenecker shot her son twice in the head "for talking back" as she drove him to soccer practice Thursday night. She drove home, went inside and shot her daughter in the back of head while the teen sat at a computer doing homework, then shot her in the face, the affidavit said.
McElroy said investigators believe the teens "never saw it coming." Both were killed with a .38-caliber pistol.
Julie Schenecker was jailed and charged with two counts of first-degree murder. Wearing a white jumpsuit, she was led into a county jail later Friday visibly shaking and being supported by a sheriff's deputy.
The family's home is on a cul-de-sac in a gated country club community in north Tampa. Hillsborough County property records show that the Scheneckers bought the house in 2008 for $448,000. It now has a market value of $261,000.
Charanun Soodjinda, 38, lives across the street. He said the Scheneckers moved in about two years ago and "fit right in." The couple's two children often played in the cul-de-sac with other neighborhood kids, and Julie Schenecker seemed to be at home a lot.
"They seemed like a nice family," Soodjinda said. "I never thought this would happen. How could you do that to your children?"
Seena Jain, who carpooled with the Schenecker children and her own daughter, Sheema, 15, told the St. Petersburg Times that recently Parker Schenecker had picked up his wife's carpooling shift while she recovered from a serious car crash that happened about a month ago. Details of the accident weren't immediately available.
Julie Schenecker's Facebook page says she earned a bachelor's degree in physical education from the University of Northern Iowa.
Many of her Facebook comments seemed to suggest how proud she was of her children. In one photograph posted by her husband, daughter Calyx Schenecker is seen posing with six other girls from a cross country team.
"that's my baby! doin' something I could never do-3.2 miles!!" she wrote.
In another post, she responded to a friend whose status said, 'Its Mommy Week! Post the day you became a Mommy"
Schenecker wrote: "calyx powers 9/12/94 in germany and powers beau 9/29/97 in honolulu!"
In a post from September, she responded to another friend's status, which cited a quote from Henry Ward Beechner, "Hold yourself to a higher standard than anybody else expects of you."
"I needed that advice today-have a 16 yr old daughter!"
Sylvia Carroll, who attended Muscatine High School in Iowa with Julie Schenecker, said she was a popular and athletic girl who starred in basketball in the late 1970s. They reconnected about a year ago on Facebook.
"I'm just in shock," said Carroll, who now lives in Austin, Texas. "I can't believe this."

her facebook is public http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prairie-Dog-Divers/109390399447#!/profile.php?id=1116987714&sk=wall

wino

DILLIGAF
I guess now she'll finally have the time to write that book on parenting, like she always meant to

privatehell

Rookie
She is ate up with the dumbass, lemme tell ya/
She's all shaking when they took her out of the cop car at the police station.

she crazy. she damn crazy.

terrible story to end the day after we buried two police officers yesterday, in Tampa.

wonder how this will unfold and if she'll get off with teh crazy plea.

here is another link, if i may add it. it is a local link, in Tampa...

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...pa-police:-Mother-killed-two-teenage-children

privatehell

Rookie
These names alone are enough justify her actions.

you will go to teh hell for this
eek.png

lol

matahari

Star Fox 64
I hate to say it and I know some will say this is no excuse, but this lady was severely depressed. Armchair analysis says that she wanted to kill herself, but could not live with the idea that her kids would be left without her. She pondered and pondered in her mind all the while not getting the help that she desperately needed. With her untreated depression getting worse, anxiety, paranoia, and irritation set in until she lost all control of reason. I am betting there was at least 2 years leading up to this. I am sorry for her that she didn't go ahead and kill herself too because she will spend the rest of her days in misery all for a simple matter of taking herself and her homicidal/suicidal thoughts to her family, husband, clergy, and GP and GETTING SOME FUCKING LITHIUM, XANAX, and HELP!

I feel better now. :D And, how many of you ever wanted to strangle your smart ass kids? The difference? She was not in her right mind and was able to justify the most harsh of reprimand. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

I hate to say it and I know some will say this is no excuse, but this lady was severely depressed. Armchair analysis says that she wanted to kill herself, but could not live with the idea that her kids would be left without her. She pondered and pondered in her mind all the while not getting the help that she desperately needed. With her untreated depression getting worse, anxiety, paranoia, and irritation set in until she lost all control of reason. I am betting there was at least 2 years leading up to this. I am sorry for her that she didn't go ahead and kill herself too because she will spend the rest of her days in misery all for a simple matter of taking herself and her homicidal/suicidal thoughts to her family, husband, clergy, and GP and GETTING SOME FUCKING LITHIUM, XANAX, and HELP!

I feel better now. :D And, how many of you ever wanted to strangle your smart ass kids? The difference? She was not in her right mind and was able to justify the most harsh of reprimand. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

good point Mata. When her neighbours said she rarely left the house, I wondered if Col. husband and kids thought that was 'normal'.

and whoever has a non smart ass teen, has an abnormal kid.

matahari

Star Fox 64
To be utilized to its fullest this type of event needs to happen at least one more time however before moms can tell their unruly kids... "Shut the fuck up before I go Soccer Mom on your little asses!"
I believe it is usable now and so much nicer than saying postal. I plan to use this today!!!

JPJ

Rookie
True story.
The other night I was in Wal Mart buying pet food, and this kid was giving his parents holy hell.
He was yelling, running all over the store, and throwing every thing he could get his hands on in the buggy... his mother just kept telling him to go put it back and he'd just scream, and grab whatever it was and throw it wherever he felt like... no discipline whatsoever.
Well, the kid came around the corner to where I was and I leaned down and told him I was friends of his parents and that if he was good he'd get a new puppy when he got home.
I said don't say anything... it's going to be a surprise... he was delighted.

I guess I must have missed the section on shooting your kids in the head in "The Military guide to effective parenting" pamphlet

mrln

silent ghost
i was thnkn to so i can rip her a new one and tell her what i really think of her,but i cannot afford to get into trouble anymore......

matahari

Star Fox 64
I guess I must have missed the section on shooting your kids in the head in "The Military guide to effective parenting" pamphlet
You realllllllly should practice reading between the lines, military style. Was ready to torture my 13 year old who teased me he was putting the cat in the dryer...can I have a nuthouse vacation?

Back