We must inform you in compliance with Nazi directive 2016/679 this website uses cookies. See our privacy policy for details. EU residents: If you continue to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Autopsy Of Pregnant Woman

Discussion in 'Medical' started by CareeningCorpse, Oct 7, 2014.

1. CareeningCorpse

CareeningCorpse Fuck Jesus hail Satan.

An autopsy of a pregnant woman is being done.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bethy

Bethy SOMETIMES LIFE AINT FAIR KIDDO... Morbid Mania

Wow that is really sad :( but that music is horrible! This aint no mexican restaurant commerical :nono: a mother & child is dead :dead: good find :tu: CC

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Domino69

Domino69 In the Prep Room

OK, I'm super confused here. Obviously, this isn't the Coroner's office, (or whatever they call themselves down there), this is a funeral home. The body had the standard Y incision, and, the standard shitty stitching the Coroners office is famous for. BUT, the organs were still semi attached to the connective tissues. They should have been in a bag, within the body cavity but.....wow, just wow.

And, poor wee bugger, never stood a chance. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CareeningCorpse

I think it's a cultural thing. I don't know :shrug:

5. Psycho Lady

Psycho Lady Guest

I was wondering the same thing. Not sure why an Y incision had been performed and stitched when obvious an autopsy hasn't been completed. It's kinda weird and leaves me with unanswered questions.
    Great post Careen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CareeningCorpse

I don't know. I wonder if it's cultural. It said it was an autopsy. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Domino69

Nah, autopsy had already been done, hence the y incision that's already stitched shut. But, can't see having to receive a body in THAT condition. Probably just a shit hole and it was a horribly done one to boot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CareeningCorpse

Oh. Ok. Thanks for the information. :D

9. McM

McM Krautnigger

He/she got hungry again...

• Like Like x 3
  10. MissL

MissL Lurker

I dislike it when people think Mexico is a shithole, but it is in many aspects.

I worked at a funerary house as an embalmer for a couple of years and, though I never personally went to the Coroner's Office, I know for a fact that they don't keep the corpses in proper refrigeration. They are put in shelves at above freezing temperature and that's it (think of when you go to the supermarket, meat is kept at pretty cold temperature, but it doesn't mean it won't spoil or rot eventually if not purchased or discarded). Sometimes it's just the skin that looks pretty bad, but the muscle and organs ain't that bad (like the woman in the video).

Any violent death, or any that requires a thorough autopsy, will most likely go to the Coroner's office and be cut open (the Y incision and the skull cap sawed off to check the brain), whether the organs are in place or in good shape depends on two things: 1) Cause of death, and 2) how fucking lazy the person in charge of the autopsy is. The most common causes of death they use to avoid going through with the full examination are related to the heart. I guess they do that to avoid slicing up everything and actually doing their damn work. It is the embalmers job to prep the organs and then put them in bags inside the corpse when they are to be buried.

11. Domino69

Thanks Miss, I'm a practising FD now, I know how it works ;)

And, I've NEVER had viscera still attached. It's bagged. We treat it with Dryene and set it aside. Re-stitch their HORRIBLE sutures and essentially make them presentable for family. Even if no one is seeing them, unless they're going straight from Coroner's to the Crematorium, (which, as I'm sure you know, VERY rarely happens because no one ever gets their fingers out of their asses fast enough for paperwork to be done), we still have to treat, disinfect and re-sew. (So, a good 2 hours at the very least)

If I ever saw a body coming to me in THAT condition, the CO would be getting a very colourful phone call ;)

Where did you practice Miss, Mexico?

12. MissL

MissL Lurker

Yes. I live in Mexico, so I did my practice in a small town in the Northeastern part of the country.

You're lucky! If I ever said a body was too decomposed, they'd tell me to get over it and do my job. :(

13. Depzman

Depzman loony

Put a clothes peg on your nose and get on with it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Domino69

LOL! Oh god no, we get all the decomp cases too! But, organs were still in the bag! (Had a GROSS one last week, around 250 pounds, 4ft nothing diabetic guy, with a prothesis, dead for 3 days before they found him, THEN autopsied. STILL smelling him!)
    :blegh:

That would have been very interesting practising in Mexico though Missy! I'm super jellie! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. zinfandel

zinfandel The hair-flip of death

What place isn't nowadays? When I lived in California, I used to go there on vacation as often as I could. Still would if I wasn't so far away.

But the poor little dude in the vid....whatever kills mommy kills baby. Poor little soul.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MissL

MissL Lurker

My first body ever was an average Joe with chilango looks... who had spent at least three weeks rotting in the Coroner's office. Plus, there was no ventilation in the lab. I still remember having goosebumps when seeing grey juice oozing from his wounds. :confused:

You should definetely try to come to the country and ''explore'' funerary houses. It'd be easy as pie, since you'd be a foreigner and much more knowledeable. ;)

17. Pixiedust

Pixiedust Serial Killer has been made.....

Yet again.........damn