Awesome colored pictures of the Finnish Winter- and the Continuation War (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Pezir

Hakkaa päälle!
Photos are from Finnish Winter War and Continuation War (1939-1945).
I was going to copy paste all photos, but then realized how much photos there is with a description, so decided just a share a link with. Lots of interesting details stand out in the colors.

more photos:

They fought bravely against russian invasion, now we see it again, russian terror never ends:

2.jpg

3.jpg

Finnish soldier from Infantry Regiment 12 (JR12) with Panzerfaust. Destroyed Soviet tank at background. Ihantala, 11th July 1944.
4.jpg

5.jpg

Wounded Soviet prisoner receives water and tobacco, Omelia village, July 25, 1941:
7.jpg

E_Z78iAWEBApxqj.jpg

E9KJIy6VoAkUeo1.jpg

EOASUp5XUAIn4QI.jpg

FF61_PUXEAU-2Xl.jpg

FM7nCEXXEAUeEUG.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.PNG

That's how you deal the pain:
12.PNG

hoze123

its boring , entertain me
I was going to copy paste all photos, but then realized how much photos there is with a description, so decided just a share a link with. Lots of interesting details stand out in the colors.

more photos:

They fought bravely against russian invasion, now we see it again, russian terror never ends:

View attachment 585885

View attachment 585886

Finnish soldier from Infantry Regiment 12 (JR12) with Panzerfaust. Destroyed Soviet tank at background. Ihantala, 11th July 1944.
View attachment 585887

View attachment 585888

Wounded Soviet prisoner receives water and tobacco, Omelia village, July 25, 1941:
View attachment 585889

View attachment 585890

View attachment 585891

View attachment 585892

View attachment 585893

View attachment 585894

View attachment 585895

View attachment 585896

View attachment 585897

View attachment 585898
Where is the Finnish sniper who killed a bunch of Russians

Opiatenthusiast

The Midwestern Trendkill

more photos:

View attachment 585885

View attachment 585886

View attachment 585887

View attachment 585888

View attachment 585889

View attachment 585890

View attachment 585891

View attachment 585892

View attachment 585893

View attachment 585894

View attachment 585895

View attachment 585896

View attachment 585897

View attachment 585898
I could look/read about this kinda shit all day long.. The color restoration makes these photos come back to life.. Awesome post
~5

McM

ARSELING
Good idea to start colorizing photos from the huge Finnish SA-Kuva archive! I like the photos very much.
Their B&W pics are mostly in a good resolution and quality too ( and free available), great material to work with.
I have an account of the Digital Picture Archive of the German Federal Archive but it's a pain in the ass and you have to pay to get pictures in reasonable size and resolution there. The previews have a fat 'watermark' in the middle meanwhile. That wasn't the case some years ago.
Nuck that shit.

Pezir

Hakkaa päälle!
Good idea to start colorizing photos from the huge Finnish SA-Kuva archive! I like the photos very much.
Their B&W pics are mostly in a good resolution and quality too ( and free available), great material to work with.
I have an account of the Digital Picture Archive of the German Federal Archive but it's a pain in the ass and you have to pay to get pictures in reasonable size and resolution there. The previews have a fat 'watermark' in the middle meanwhile. That wasn't the case some years ago.
Nuck that shit.
That’s mostly because Helsinki was supposed to have the 1940 Olympics but they were canceled. Because of this, a lot of good quality cameras had been bought to Finland. Now the cameras just served a different purpose.

Archives should be free to everyone. Luckily also an old army diaries have also been converted to digital format. It’s really mind-boggling to find a mention of your own grandfather and his brothers from an old company diary.

Ouchfl

Well Known Member
Back