AZ Student suspended over picture of gun (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
Holy fuck, people.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...lorence-student-suspended-over-picture-of-gun

FLORENCE, AZ - A high school student in Florence said he has been suspended because of a picture of a gun.
Daniel McClaine Jr., a freshman at Poston Butte High School, said he saved the picture as his desktop background on his school-issued computer.
A teacher noticed it and turned him in.
The picture shows an AK-47 on top of a flag.
McClaine said the school initially suspended him for three days Friday.
Since the laptop belongs to the school, the district policy states students are prohibited from “sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures,” and cannot access, send, create or forward pictures that are considered “harassing, threatening, or illegal.”
McClaine said he read the guidelines but does not consider the picture threatening to anyone.
“This gun wallpaper does not show anything that’s violent. It's not showing anybody getting shot in any way. It's just a picture of a gun. It's nothing -- nobody getting shot, nobody getting it pointed at them, it's nothing,” said McClaine.
McClaine said the gun is not his. He’s interested in joining the military and said he found it on the internet.
Dana Hawman, a spokesperson for the Florence Unified School District, released the following statement:

Although we cannot specifically discuss student discipline, we can certainly agree that violence in schools is a sensitive and timely issue. Students, parents and staff are on edge, and the daily news delivers more reasons for caution. All of us must work together to protect our kids and to cultivate an environment that is conducive to learning.

Daniel’s father said after ABC15 contacted the school, the administration backed down and will let his son return to school on Monday instead of Wednesday.
“To me it's ridiculous. Three days for a picture? It wasn't like he was standing in front of the school holding the gun,” said Daniel McClaine Sr. “He should have got a warning. He shouldn't have ever been suspended. Not for something so frivolous.”

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_central_southern_az/florence/florence-student-suspended-over-picture-of-gun#ixzz2Jr2R4PSV
BAN ASSAULT JPEGS! FOR THE CHILDREN!

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
What the FUCK? I can hardly believe the things I read in the news these days. Our country has gone to hell in a hand basket. When I was in High School you could go out to the parking lot and see several student pickup trucks with guns in the gun racks, most of them loaded. A 12 year old boy could put his shot gun on the handle bars of his bicycle and ride through town on his way to do a spot of bird hunting, and the cops would wave and keep driving. All the farm boys in the school all had large knives strapped to their belts and no one said a thing. It is a different world today. Everyone is scared shitless and to even mention the words gun or bomb brings the swat team down upon you. I long for the good 'ol days when everything was simple and we did not have to worry about our fellow classmates shooting our brains out, or the child killers lurking at every play ground. Maybe it is time for me to move out into the wilds of Alaska, and never listen to the news ever again...........

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
this just goes to show you the overkill of the anti american crowd and how there so willing to abuse kids to get there own agenda across .....
they should be teaching kids about guns in schools for the parents that are unwilling to teach them, this way if they ever come across a gun or use one they at least wont do something stupid like shoot themselves ......

I

Ivan Drago

Internet Warrior
this just goes to show you the overkill of the anti american crowd and how there so willing to abuse kids to get there own agenda across .....
they should be teaching kids about guns in schools for the parents that are unwilling to teach them, this way if they ever come across a gun or use one they at least wont do something stupid like shoot themselves ......

Or better yet get rid of the guns in the first place then they wouldn't encounter them would they.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
Or better yet get rid of the guns in the first place then they wouldn't encounter them would they.
not a good idea at all only if you want to live in a bubble with yourself and have a world where criminals rule ......

I

Ivan Drago

Internet Warrior
not a good idea at all only if you want to live in a bubble with yourself and have a world where criminals rule ......

We are not talking about the world, we are talking about America and your ridiculous gun laws.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
ITS ONLY ridiculous to those who refuse to fight or those who wish to do us harm........
criminals will have guns and use them regardless of any laws making those who refuse to protect themselves professional victims .....
we should reinstate the draft that would solve a lot of the countries problems teaching the kids of today responsibility, discipline, camaraderie, and respect of others which they are lacking horribly.............
this would also quill the gang problems some of the country is having....

Back