Bead work by Nightmare

OP
NightMare

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
Thanks for the thanks! I have so many pieces of work but these were the only ones I had in my file so I loaded them. I do lots of different styles and patterns, I love to do this, I see everything with beads on it! Thanks again.

yenta

jewish gypsy
Thanks for the thanks! I have so many pieces of work but these were the only ones I had in my file so I loaded them. I do lots of different styles and patterns, I love to do this, I see everything with beads on it! Thanks again.

lovely stuff! is there certain tribes or regions that these styles belong to?

OP
NightMare

NightMare

lovely stuff! is there certain tribes or regions that these styles belong to?
I find bead designs from all tribes. I am Nez Perce, Cree and Salish. Some of the pieces I show here are from several different tribes. My best friend is Lakota Souix and she is always having me make things for her with designs from only her tribe and family. I bead anything I find ! I have done Native weddings and full horse regaila (spelling bad) means costume) One day I was out walking and found a very nice piece of apple wood. I took it home and covered the ends with rabbit fur and leather strips with beads on them. I put it in my yard sale a few weeks later and some guy asked, "What is this thing?" I said with a wide smile, "That's ma' Indian love make'n stick." He paid $10 for it! Anything can become something else. I love the art and wish there were more like me, it is a dying art. Thanks again, I hope this gives a little insight.

OP
NightMare

NightMare

When I first read the title I thought it said "Bed work by Nightmare":lulz:, but now that I see, it's awesome work you do NM! It's all beautiful. Does it take A long time to finish A project?
Thank you! It does take time depending on the size of the project and the size of the beads. I have some beads that are as big as a grain of sand and some as large as a big toe. The size of the beads I use here are 11 and the strip is a size 15, the bigger the number the smaller the beads. I am glad you guys like it, I am my own worst enemy when it comes to how it looks.

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
Thank you! It does take time depending on the size of the project and the size of the beads. I have some beads that are as big as a grain of sand and some as large as a big toe. The size of the beads I use here are 11 and the strip is a size 15, the bigger the number the smaller the beads. I am glad you guys like it, I am my own worst enemy when it comes to how it looks.
I understand the whole thinking your own work suck's, but I gotta say NO worries! It is all gorgeous and I wish I could be that creative! Keep it up and add to your post as you go please. I would love to see more of your work!;)