Berlin Market Attack (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Not sure where the original thread to this story went...

But here's the latest news concerning the driver of the truck.

"Authorities released an asylum seeker who was arrested shortly after the attack saying they did not have enough evidence to hold him.

As the manhunt continued, ISIS claimed to have inspired the attack. The terror group's affiliated Amaq news agency described the perpetrator as a "soldier of the Islamic State," who had acted in response to calls for attacks in the West.

After the suspect was released, police are "really back to square one in terms of this investigation," said CNN terrorism analyst Paul Cruikshank.

According to German media, the man was identified by witnesses as being the driver of the truck at the time of the incident, but police soon ascertained that this was not the case.

A Polish man found shot to death inside the truck has been identified as its original driver, according to German media.

He was not driving during the incident, police said. The gun used to kill him has not yet been recovered.

The truck, which was owned by a Polish company, was hauling 25 tons of steel before it was steered into the crowd, according to its owner Ariel Zurawksi.

Zurawksi identified the slain driver as his cousin. He said he was happy to be finishing his route from Italy to Berlin and was looking forward to returning to Poland soon.

"He was asking if he should be back home by Thursday night because he still needed to buy a Christmas gift for his wife," Zurawski said."

Source

deviant2

hell is other people
Why are you surprised about that?
Not so much surprised, as it was not an accident. The truck empty would have done plenty of damage. Add 25 tons of steel in cargo. That's just alot more weight added to forward motion of running ppl down.

McM

ARSELING
The Tunesian Anis Amri is wanted now

image-1087667-860_poster_16x9-lcju-1087667.jpg

100.000 € REWARD

Last edited:

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
Ah, I see what you mean now.
Which standard was used? I would suspect metric, as this happened in Germany.
In America, a ton, also called a short ton, is equal to 2,000 U.S. pounds (abbreviated lbs.).
25 tons = 50,000 lbs.

Most other industrialized nations have standardized around the metric system and use what is called the metric ton. A metric ton is equal to 1,000 kilograms (abbreviated kg). Thus, a metric ton is slightly larger than a U.S. ton—it converts to 2,204.6 pounds.
25 metric tons (tonnes) = 55,115 lbs.

McM

ARSELING
Which standard was used? I would suspect metric, as this happened in Germany.
In America, a ton, also called a short ton, is equal to 2,000 U.S. pounds (abbreviated lbs.).
25 tons = 50,000 lbs.

Most other industrialized nations have standardized around the metric system and use what is called the metric ton. A metric ton is equal to 1,000 kilograms (abbreviated kg). Thus, a metric ton is slightly larger than a U.S. ton—it converts to 2,204.6 pounds.
25 metric tons (tonnes) = 55,115 lbs.

We have only a ton of 1000 kg here. The weight of a truck is normally stated in brutto, truck + load. The Scania what was used in Berlin is from the 40 t class, the biggest here beside special transports.

Reactions: HG

McM

ARSELING
Our Christmas marked is barricaded with obstacles (huge water canisters on euro-palettes) and some firefighter trucks too. Cops everywhere armed with MP-5. Was raining like hell, couldn't make a photo. It's the last day anyway.

But, I don't think terrorists would perform an attack in this city full of Turks, negroes and Arabs, ll. We're safe. :lol:

McM

ARSELING
No further infos in the video.
It's from 'Bild' the worst tabloid we have here. At least they managed not to lie in the vid.

wino

DILLIGAF

Is the driver still at large ?

I dont want to be flippant in this thread cause issues like this concern us all and are likely to impact us all. At any given moment. I have said said for many years religion is the bane of humanity.

So you go fly your flag in my country and I will fly my flag in mine. Just dont ever expect me to change mine for yours.

• Haha
Reactions: Sky
Back