BIOS takes a shit

LDG

Bleed The Freak
My computer said I need to update BIOS so I did. now my computer loads up to the "Starting Windows" screen and just freezes. now wtf do i do?

OP
LDG

LDG

Bleed The Freak
I tried toshiba recovery and got the same result. I can get advanced boot options up

If I were you, I would
- Google if someone had similar issue
- If no result, or the solutions don' work for you, make new thread on a hardware forum.

inappropriate behavior

Your apology is accepted :)
Uuugghhh... I hate to say this but it's likely you're screwed if there was a problem during the update and it was interrupted. It's the same with those 'critical' updates for consoles. you can try hitting F2 a few times at startup and see if you can access ur bios settings and got from there...

Also ask google cause my pc tech knowledge is likely outdated lol. And goodluck

Yabaw

Banned
Administrator
BIOS updates can be the dodgiest ones to do. Some of the newer mobos are 100% idiot proof now though. I built and set up a uni mate PC and the first thing the daft bastard did when i left was try to update the bios. Luckily for him, his mobo had a recovery feature.

I lost all my old data but it's a lot faster now and I got a chance to delete all the preinstalled junk programs right off the bat and the shitty jazz music. I'm actually sort of glad it happened. I had modified the old registry files and the "about:config" in the old one so much that I lost track of some of the ones I did and forget how to do it but that's ok, I'll modify again as wanted. On top of that I have all the trial periods back on the good preinstalled games and programs.:D

win.

BIOS updates can be the dodgiest ones to do. Some of the newer mobos are 100% idiot proof now though. I built and set up a uni mate PC and the first thing the daft bastard did when i left was try to update the bios. Luckily for him, his mobo had a recovery feature.
Well, when you are notified by the manufacturer of the computer that your machine needs an update you don't really suspect it will kill your system unless you experienced the horror of it before. But evidently it did need an update according to Toshiba tech and that's why mine still works (I'm guessing).

:oops:
Now I'm just thinking about some poor fucks that probably freaked out and dragged their Toshiba in to get it "repaired" for probably $200 by those Geek Squad dickweeds.

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
I lost all my old data but it's a lot faster now and I got a chance to delete all the preinstalled junk programs right off the bat and the shitty jazz music. I'm actually sort of glad it happened. I had modified the old registry files and the "about:config" in the old one so much that I lost track of some of the ones I did and forget how to do it but that's ok, I'll modify again as wanted. On top of that I have all the trial periods back on the good preinstalled games and programs.:D

win.
how did you lose your data? BIOS is motherboard exclusive, if you can boot your PC through to windows you can fix/flash it again 90% of the time. I don't see how bios can corrupt the file system other then fuck with the boot

inappropriate behavior

Your apology is accepted :)
Well, when you are notified by the manufacturer of the computer that your machine needs an update you don't really suspect it will kill your system unless you experienced the horror of it before. But evidently it did need an update according to Toshiba tech and that's why mine still works (I'm guessing).

:oops:
Now I'm just thinking about some poor fucks that probably freaked out and dragged their Toshiba in to get it "repaired" for probably $200 by those Geek Squad dickweeds.
Lol, I think most of america is driven by this kind of ridiculous behavior... it's sort of like a retarded square dance... We all sway blindly to the beat of the dollar while the government leads the way.

Burn everything.

how did you lose your data? BIOS is motherboard exclusive, if you can boot your PC through to windows you can fix/flash it again 90% of the time. I don't see how bios can corrupt the file system other then fuck with the boot
fuck if I know but I don't have any complaints.

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
If you bought the motherboard, it will tell you were to place jumpers on the motherboard to reset the motherboard back to factory issue (including the BIOS). Depending on your motherboard, you can also flash it simply by loading the flash on a USB (blank before putting the info on) and boot from it. Or if your BIOS lets you, you can do it from the BIOS screen. Ooor! Junk that one, and buy a new one....Either way it's cheaper than having someone come out and fix it.