Bristol Palin's Routine Makes Wis. Man Shoot TV (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MADISON, Wis. (CBS/AP) Steven Cowan, a rural Wisconsin man, reportedly blasted his television set with a shotgun after watching Bristol Palin's "Dancing with the Stars" routine Monday night.

He said he was fed up with politics and that Palin wasn't a very good dancer, according to court documents.

Steven Cowan, 67, of the town of Vermont, about 15 miles west of Madison, then pointed the gun at his wife, 66-year-old Janice Cowan, who escaped and called police, authorities said. A SWAT team surrounded the couple's farmhouse, and officers were able to talk Cowan out Tuesday morning after an all-night standoff.

Cowan had been drinking before he sat down to watch "Dancing with the Stars" and suffers from bipolar disorder, his wife told officers. He was charged Tuesday with second-degree reckless endangerment, and could be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Cowan was expected to make his initial court appearance Wednesday in Madison. Online court records show that the state public defender's office was appointed to represent him, however the office said it had no record of him as of Wednesday morning.

Dane County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Elise Schaffer said Cowan works as a landlord, but that she didn't know where he owned property. He has a clean criminal record, she said.

"It's kind of sad, actually," Schaffer said.

aqua

Rookie
Scary anyone who thinks its ok to drink around guns. I was at a shooting range when my drunk supervisor suddenly appeared next to my booth with her equally drunk husband. Insisting to show me the proper ways to shoot. In hindsight I should've grabbed my shit an left but I had just paid and bought ammo and wanted to shoot.I just yeah yeahed and agreed until they handed my gun back careful not to piss them off. People are fucking nuts man

Scary anyone who thinks its ok to drink around guns. I was at a shooting range when my drunk supervisor suddenly appeared next to my booth with her equally drunk husband. Insisting to show me the proper ways to shoot. In hindsight I should've grabbed my shit an left but I had just paid and bought ammo and wanted to shoot.I just yeah yeahed and agreed until they handed my gun back careful not to piss them off. People are fucking nuts man

People are indeed nuts. Why would they be there drunk? Is that even legal?

aqua

Rookie
she said they came from some event can't remember and they decided the best thing to do was to drink and drive then head over to the nearest shooting range. Her and her husband reminded me Reba in this movie.
600px-Tremors_04.jpg

I ended up leaving after a few rounds. I was too shocked to concentrate.

After that crazy lady shot her son to death then herself. Can't remember her name. She had attempted suicide before at that same range. She left audio recordings to the police and her boyfriend.
People were outraged and I can see why.

When ppl bounce checks or steal the store takes your pic and posts it so others will know you are a thief.
Her pic and attempted suicide info should have been posted warning others she is dangerous/ psychotic/batshit insane.

aqua

Rookie
my supervisor was just drunk. she didn't shoot anyone but she could have.

I steered clear of her after that. I don't need crazies in my life.

10 years for that? He didn't even shoot her.

that's the maximum time for the worst level of the charges. he'll get far, far less. he'll get a few years probation and community service since he didn't hurt anyone, and if his wife doesn't press charges for pointing the gun at her.

Back