Can gore get boring? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

horrorjunkey

four loko?
I used to get a real kick out of gore. It made my day better and just helped me settle in my mind. But over time, especially after joining this site, I've found that gore has gotten boring. Particularly brutal videos and pictures used to make me get giddy and whatnot but now I feel nothing new. Just blank, even if it's a type I really like. Does anyone have any suggestions or similar stories? I just scroll through videos and audios and headline with a quick huff here and there, just feeling more and mor distant and I really dont wanna lose this comforting part of my life. How do I fix this growing disengagement?
It's an addiction. Like drugs, your mind believes that it requires a higher, stronger dose of the substance in order to feel the same way you have the first few times. At this point, you'll need something much, much more graphic to satisfy the need. I have had this issue before and to prevent it, I usually take a break from it. These last from 1-2 weeks, depending on how I feel and what my scheduling is. After that period of time, when you come back to it, usually it feels a bit more refreshing, if that makes sense. I found it to work best with myself, I hope you can as well. if not then I wish you luck finding a solution.

McM

ARSELING
Yes, of course. I've watched the videos for example may be in the first 2 years. It's all the same and 80% reposts meanwhile. Showing humans in their disgusting stupidity.
I have to take months-long timeouts from GG to stay interested in the long term at all.
An exception is if someone recommends a video because of special reasons, then I'd try it. Perhaps/it depends.
Photos are ok. I can watch them in seconds and good ones get saved quickly.

My time is valuable; there's not much left.

Back