China hiding military build-up (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Australia's intelligence agencies believe China is hiding the extent of a massive military build-up that goes beyond national defence and threatens regional stability, the latest WikiLeaks cables show.

A strategic assessment by the agencies found that China's military spending for 2006 was $90 billion - double the $45 billion budget publicly announced by Beijing, Fairfax newspapers report.

"China's longer-term agenda is to develop `comprehensive national power', including a strong military, that is in keeping with its view of itself as a great power," a copy of the secret assessment provided by Foreign Affairs officials to the US embassy in Canberra said.

"We agree that the trend of China's military modernisation is beyond the scope of what would be required for a conflict over Taiwan.

"Arguably China already poses a credible threat to modern militaries operating in the region and will present an even more formidable challenge as its modernisation continues."

The 2006 Australian intelligence assessment was contained in a US embassy cable obtained by WikiLeaks and provided to Fairfax newspapers.

The assessment also warned that factors including China's rising nationalism and difficulties with Japan meant that "miscalculations and minor events could quickly escalate".

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...ng-military-buildup-cable-20110107-19hq4.html

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Oh no, China is building up their army D:

Quick, lets send more US Troops to another 20 countries around the world.

:rolleyes:

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Oh no, China is building up their army D:

Quick, lets send more US Troops to another 20 countries around the world.

:rolleyes:

China is about to admit Iran into the shanghai cooperation organization, the military alliance it has with Russia. America can deploy all it likes and piss it's small pile of money left away on guns with one hand while handing trillions to the chinese in actual cash with the other. Sorry to say but if america thinks they can defend Taiwan or anything but a pile of sand outside their own borders they are fucking deluded. New 'superpower' enemies must be a scary thought to wake up to after a economic nightmare.

How many Migs, missiles, men and boats, subs etc do you think china will throw at Taiwan at once? lol 2 days and america will be debating using tactical nukes.

i spent a bit of time in Taiwan and China, and really, the Chinese just want all their art back. while retreating from Mao, Chiang Kai-shek looted the fuck out of China.. any Taiwanese/Chinese war could be avoided with the keys to the museum and a bunch of cargo containers.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
we (the united states) are spread too thin for any other "activity".

Doesn't really matter anymore. On the one hand you have the nuclear armed china, russia and soon their new partner/ally, iran. Then you have half a dozen muslim states who will turn on you like rabid dogs, like pakistan, also with nukes. The days of the marines marching in are fucking over, so is flying when it comes to these bigger and better equipped non-stoneage countries/alliances. s300's will seriously fuck your airforce up, fact. Even the fleets out in the gulf and off iran, taiwan, fuck do you have enough shit on these ships to throw at these guys on hand when it happens because they are going to hit like a fucking tidal wave when they do. They will send everthing in balls deep at once, not a few pokes at time. So it turns into a ballistic missle-athon with bigger and bigger warheads, and we all fucking die. The end.
Maybe America should let the UN be world police and deal with it's own shit for once, like keeping out mexicans and sealing the canadian border against celine dion

notawsome

erall ocol gyu
China is about to admit Iran into the shanghai cooperation organization, the military alliance it has with Russia. America can deploy all it likes and piss it's small pile of money left away on guns with one hand while handing trillions to the chinese in actual cash with the other. Sorry to say but if america thinks they can defend Taiwan or anything but a pile of sand outside their own borders they are fucking deluded. New 'superpower' enemies must be a scary thought to wake up to after a economic nightmare.

How many Migs, missiles, men and boats, subs etc do you think china will throw at Taiwan at once? lol 2 days and america will be debating using tactical nukes.
no real debate. the chinese will definitely use nukes if it wants to fight america

notawsome

erall ocol gyu
Doesn't really matter anymore. On the one hand you have the nuclear armed china, russia and soon their new partner/ally, iran. Then you have half a dozen muslim states who will turn on you like rabid dogs, like pakistan, also with nukes. The days of the marines marching in are fucking over, so is flying when it comes to these bigger and better equipped non-stoneage countries/alliances. s300's will seriously fuck your airforce up, fact. Even the fleets out in the gulf and off iran, taiwan, fuck do you have enough shit on these ships to throw at these guys on hand when it happens because they are going to hit like a fucking tidal wave when they do. They will send everthing in balls deep at once, not a few pokes at time. So it turns into a ballistic missle-athon with bigger and bigger warheads, and we all fucking die. The end.
Maybe America should let the UN be world police and deal with it's own shit for once, like keeping out mexicans and sealing the canadian border against celine dion
they are not even close to bigger or better equipped. $90 billion dollars is only a small chunk compared to what the US spends on defense. there is not really much to worry about. america is probably the strongest trade partner china has right now and this years military budget for america is expected to be $900 billion.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
they are not even close to bigger or better equipped. $90 billion dollars is only a small chunk compared to what the US spends on defense. there is not really much to worry about. america is probably the strongest trade partner china has right now and this years military budget for america is expected to be $900 billion.

90 million aint much I guess but it's a start arming 698,405,850 zerglings chinese men.

notawsome

erall ocol gyu
yes, that is a lot of fucking rice. they might have to revert to some old school commie rationing my parents went through when vietnam went commie: farm and break your back and get a bowl of rice for the entire family.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
I think china would help north korea capture the entire south korean race for growing rice back in the north and that would feed it's armies, I've watched south koreans play startcraft and I can only imagine the rice farms they could layout irl for maximum efficiency if forced to do so at gunpoint

mrln

silent ghost

thats my point! we dont have enough man power anymore. not like the old days. noone wants to join the military like our parents and grandparents did. i am the only one in my generation of our family who did!(im one of 16 nieces and nephews) where did the sense of patriotism go? all the money in the world can buy all the weaponry,but its useless if theres noone to operate them!

no single nation is going to be able to step between china and taiwan. in reality the only reason china hasn't just absorbed taiwan overnight is because of the chinese national treasures there.. it's taiwan's 'get out of jail free' card. there is no other reason for china to even want to 're-unite' with the taiwanese.. there is nothing there that china doesn't already have. just the art.

added: it may seem silly, this art stuff.. but when chaing fled and looted china, we aren't talking about a few sculptures and paintings.. we're talking so much stuff that the museum can't display it all in a lifetime. the art is warehoused all over the country.

dennis

Representing Zionism
This user was banned
thats my point! we dont have enough man power anymore. not like the old days. noone wants to join the military like our parents and grandparents did. i am the only one in my generation of our family who did!(im one of 16 nieces and nephews) where did the sense of patriotism go? all the money in the world can buy all the weaponry,but its useless if theres noone to operate them!

So serving in a military for politicians who fight other peoples wars makes you a "patriot". I'm scratching my head over this one.

mrln

silent ghost
So serving in a military for politicians who fight other peoples wars makes you a "patriot". I'm scratching my head over this one.

not at all! that feeling comes from within ones self! seeing people you know (family friends) join(ed) and fighting for the country you live in and love. society is diffrent,because society made it that way! morale in todays society isnt what it used to be like since the 1940's. noone really gave a shit about the korean war,vietnam,and whats going on today. not saying i support some fucking asshole in washington,but give support to the military. thats why i joined....

Back