Climbing Mt Everest? Buy the ticket, take the ride.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Everest has always fascinated me. I'd love to do it, but since I have no climbing experience and smoke (not much, though) I never will. If I did though, I'd have to make sure I had room in my bag for a skull. I'd be bringing home something, and not a rock.

What's with the $40,000 dollars though? Is that if you want all the gear and a guide to help you?

On a side note, my cousins husband climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro and also proposed to my cousin while sleeping in a net with her hanging off of the side of a mountain somewhere north of here. People are strange.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
What a deal. Does that come with an unconditional agreement that the chink coming with you will try to help you down if something bad happens, or is the contract null and void at that point, where he comes down alone?
;)

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
I wonder if your guide will try to retrieve the gear you rented from his place of work. He probably gets a bonus if he can at least get the pick ax and jacket :D

OP
D.O.A.

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
By the sounds of it, if something happens up there you're on your own.
I bet those sherpa bags are full of dead ppl's shit.

Great article D.O.A I wanted to read more....It's fascinating what happens to people's sense of what's right and wrong the higher they climb.

suggested reading:

Into Thin Air by John Krakauer. He was one of the survivors of the 1996 Everest Disaster. First hand
account.
Interesting! One guy I know was one of the dead on that day....Rob Hall a mountain guide from NZ...he refused to leave his client in the storm to die and sat there freezing to death while his wife spoke to him by satellite phone. He could have saved himself but he chose to try and help his client down, went beyond the time limit before it becomes impossible, and payed the ultimate price for his professionalism

that exact story is detailed in the book. well worth reading. another man, *his name escapes me* survived and wrote a book called 'left for dead' ... Rob and another guide were heroes that day.

that exact story is detailed in the book. well worth reading. another man, *his name escapes me* survived and wrote a book called 'left for dead' ... Rob and another guide were heroes that day.
Yeah that day holds the record for the most climbers killed in a single day...If my memory serves me right it was something like 17 people.....I find Everest climbing stories fascinating and I'd really like to get hold of that book..thanks for the info.