Currently Reading...

Saw some books of this author in the ebook shop today, I think I'll give it a try too. The 'Three-Body Problem' is 'The Three Suns' here, the dark forest is the same title.

They really selling all the old Perry Rhodan 'books' again. They're recycling 50 parts for 60.- €, unbelievable.
It's a great series. Gets very sciency.
Don't think I'm game to tackle Perry Rhodan. Way too big a series for me.

McM

Krautnigger
Don't think I'm game to tackle Perry Rhodan. Way too big a series for me.
'Very sciency' sounds good.
We had some Perry Rhodan books back then in the box, they looked/read like the dime novels, the wild-west and horror stories. They even came from the same editor. Wasn't my taste, not sciency enough and every book was exactly 65 pages only.

'Very sciency' sounds good.
We had some Perry Rhodan books back then in the box, they looked/read like the dime novels, the wild-west and horror stories. They even came from the same editor. Wasn't my taste, not sciency enough and every book was exactly 65 pages only.
That's too short mate. I like a nice big chunky novel.

Reactions: McM

McM

Krautnigger
That's too short mate. I like a nice big chunky novel.
I don't like all the short novels collections too much for that reason. I know they have their own writing 'rules' and style and there have been some very good ones written over the time.

McM

Krautnigger
After I had the game series 'Metro 2033' I'll try the books as well, written by Dmitri Gluchowski. (Metro 2033, 2034, 2035)
But first 'Time Enough for Love' by Robert Heinlein and the three body problem I mentioned above.

Edit: 'Metro 2033' wasn't very impressive, a better dime novel.
'Metro 2034' contained an awful teenager love story.

Last edited:

McM

Krautnigger
Couldn't find my copy of Ian Kershaw's Hitler biography anymore, so I bought it as two ebooks (3000 pages) again. Maybe the best biography about this topic ever, will re-read it in the next time.
And re-read Traudl Junge's short book (~ 'Until the last hour..') about her time as one of Hitler's secretaries, it was more or less the script for the movie 'Downfall'.

Last edited:

Be happy⚕

Vacant, Composed
Henry Wei's translation of the I-Ching
Very very interesting if you're into such things
Reading it more from a psychological stance than a psychic woohar prediction standpoint.

McM

Krautnigger
Very interesting story!
I'm in the middle of the first part now, it's really good. I liked how they built the analog computer from 30 million soldiers and everything got sucked into space by the three suns.
The description of the trials during the cultural revolution in China resembles what I read in the biography of Mao's personal doctor.
I have trouble at times to keep track of these Chinese names, but that happens in every book with a Chinese/Japanese story for me. Who is who, and is it a man or a woman?

Very interesting story!
I'm in the middle of the first part now, it's really good. I liked how they built the analog computer from 30 million soldiers and everything got sucked into space by the three suns.
The description of the trials during the cultural revolution in China resembles what I read in the biography of Mao's personal doctor.
I have trouble at times to keep track of these Chinese names, but that happens in every book with a Chinese/Japanese story for me. Who is who, and is it a man or a woman?
Same here with the Chinese names. I finished the last book a couple of weeks ago. Holy shit did the story escalate!!! Loved it.

McM

Krautnigger
Same here with the Chinese names. I finished the last book a couple of weeks ago. Holy shit did the story escalate!!! Loved it.
At the moment they're cutting the surveillance ship in slices by nano-strings, wow!
I'll definitely buy the other two parts too.
I'm glad I found, at last, two book shops which accepts direct paying from my bank online. Steam in Germany has that too, no need for a credit card/paypal.

At the moment they're cutting the surveillance ship in slices by nano-strings, wow!
I'll definitely buy the other two parts too.
I'm glad I found, at last, two book shops which accepts direct paying from my bank online. Steam in Germany has that too, no need for a credit card/paypal.
Are you reading them in German, or English? I think each book is better than the previous. Like I said, they escalate dra-fucking-matically!!
You won't believe where it ends. Happy reading.