Currently Reading...

McM

Krautnigger
Are you reading them in German, or English? I think each book is better than the previous. Like I said, they escalate dra-fucking-matically!!
You won't believe where it ends. Happy reading.
In German. For 'hard' SF with all these physical/mathematical and astronomical laws/effects, my English isn't good enough.
The German translation is written in an unemotional manner, don't know the Chinese original style but I like it in this context. The topic is emotional enough.

McM

Krautnigger
John Barns - Das Sklavenschiff (The slave ship). Science fiction. Humanity got almost extinct by a race of aliens who sold them on the galactical market as slaves or meat for other aliens. Female ovaries count as 'caviar'. (Maybe as an 'olive' in a Martini too?)
Written as a report from a former human interpreter/translator who worked for the aliens and could survive.
Simple style, more a dime novel but not bad.

McM

Krautnigger
I did finish it these days. Did your copy had the 4th book too? Recreated by another author after the almost unreadable notes from the already sick Peake. Not bad, Titus worked in an asylum and a monastery, not so surrealistic like the first three books.
I liked the two first parts most.

Just bought Siegfried Lenz - Das Feuerschiff (The Fire Ship) Novel about the crew of a German light vessel that warns ships of a minefield in the Baltic sea after WW2. On their last shift on duty, they had to rescue three fleeing criminals as their boat has motor problems.
Lenz is a good author, many books were made into movies and I listened to his audio dramas as a kid.

Last edited:
I did finish it these days. Did your copy had the 4th book too? Recreated by another author after the almost unreadable notes from the already sick Peake. Not bad, Titus worked in an asylum and a monastery, not so surrealistic like the first three books.
I liked the two first parts most.
Mine only has three books. His wife actually wrote the 4th book but was urged not to publish it. I think it only appeared after she died.

Reactions: McM

McM

Krautnigger
Mine only has three books. His wife actually wrote the 4th book but was urged not to publish it. I think it only appeare after she died.
Ah, didn't notice she was his wife.
I read in the afterword of the 4th book she has planned to write more and Titus should go back to Gormenghast castle and be the Lord again.