Serious Czech crime stories - Gravedigger killer in Prague (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Pan Kopfrkingl

The Cremator
Suspect: Jan Kříž
The victim: Alena Šedivá

Location of crime:Vinohradské hřbitovy, Prague, Czech Republic(I will call it Winecastle cemetery, because that's what it means in translation)

On 7th of April in 1993 Alena was leaving wine bar Barča in company of Jan, gravedigger of winecastle cemetery. ''Jan forced her to have sex with him at knifepoint. Then he killed her, because he wanted to get rid of the rape evidence.'' cited the accusation attorney general.

Jan admits that he accompanied Alena on her way home and even tried to get intimate with her. But nothing else. Because she was drunk, he left her close to her home.
Shots that were heard on cemetery that night he explains as following: From the anger that she did not satisfied his needs, he shot in the air three times with his gas gun.

His cellmate Antonín claims that Jan told him: There was no problem to burn a body in crematorium in a coffin along with another dead.
It sounded like fairy tales to him.

Criminal police couln't crack the case for ten years, even though in 1993 they interrogated him as a main suspect and he even confessed.
Later he claims he confessed under pressure so the judges can't take this as evidence. There wasn't enough evidence to claim his guilt.

They were sure he was guilty, they checked over three hundred graves that were filled in 1993 around the time of suspected murder.
Even though the attorney general came up with three versions how he got rid of the body. He buried her in one of not searched graves, he hid her in coffin that was supposed to be burned and last he hid her in one of cemetery trash containers.

Evidence was then indirect. When two days later husband of Alena notified police about her disappearance, they used trained dog and he led them to the chapel of winecastle cemetery in which Jan was sleeping over at the time. He even tried to wash the jeans he wore that night.
Main but indirect evidence was jeans of Alena that were found in cemetery. Cutted with knife and stained with blood. Expertise showed that it's the same blood type as Jan.(They did not have DNA method in those says).

Ex-girlfriends of Jan remembered him as angry and was sometimes raving. Psychologist defined him like psychopatic personality with anger issues with sexually agressive and sadistic inclination.

He was sentenced for rape and killing of Alena for 8 years in prison.
They haven't found the body of Alena since today.

I was talking to a worker in the cemetery that knew them both.
She said he was once drunk talking, that he know about places in the cemetery, where he could hide a body and it would never be found.
She said that he was a weirdo.

A030811_TON_HROB1_V.JPG

A030811_TON_HROB2_V.JPG

A040120_TON_HROB_V.JPG

Last edited:

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
I thought it was another of the fictional stories we get occasionally from one of our creative members that comes with pictures.
I'm genuinely surprised this is a real story

Pan Kopfrkingl

The Cremator
We need pics and videos and interesting stuff to go with the long ass story! :)
Yeah I guess I chose a bad one for first post without photos, but it's a good mystery though.
I chose this because I heard about it personally from someone who knew them.

Next time I can translate something about some czech serial killers and with photos from scenes of crime, there were plenty in Czech Republic.
Just wanted to see if people would be interested in these first, because it will be longer translating. 😁

Last edited:

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
Even though they didn't report more murders, it made me wonder if he had been out and about killing people and then burning them and nobody will know about it. Even though that might be just fantasy it's still a creepy thought nonetheless. Thanks for the story.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
Suspect: Jan Kříž
The victim: Alena Šedivá

Location of crime:Vinohradské hřbitovy, Prague, Czech Republic(I will call it Winecastle cemetery, because that's what it means in translation)

On 7th of April in 1993 Alena was leaving wine bar Barča in company of Jan, gravedigger of winecastle cemetery. ''Jan forced her to have sex with him at knifepoint. Then he killed her, because he wanted to get rid of the rape evidence.'' cited the accusation attorney general.

Jan admits that he accompanied Alena on her way home and even tried to get intimate with her. But nothing else. Because she was drunk, he left her close to her home.
Shots that were heard on cemetery that night he explains as following: From the anger that she did not satisfied his needs, he shot in the air three times with his gas gun.

His cellmate Antonín claims that Jan told him: There was no problem to burn a body in crematorium in a coffin along with another dead.
It sounded like fairy tales to him.

Criminal police couln't crack the case for ten years, even though in 1993 they interrogated him as a main suspect and he even confessed.
Later he claims he confessed under pressure so the judges can't take this as evidence. There wasn't enough evidence to claim his guilt.

They were sure he was guilty, they checked over three hundred graves that were filled in 1993 around the time of suspected murder.
Even though the attorney general came up with three versions how he got rid of the body. He buried her in one of not searched graves, he hid her in coffin that was supposed to be burned and last he hid her in one of cemetery trash containers.

Evidence was then indirect. When two days later husband of Alena notified police about her disappearance, they used trained dog and he led them to the chapel of winecastle cemetery in which Jan was sleeping over at the time. He even tried to wash the jeans he wore that night.
Main but indirect evidence was jeans of Alena that were found in cemetery. Cutted with knife and stained with blood. Expertise showed that it's the same blood type as Jan.(They did not have DNA method in those says).

Ex-girlfriends of Jan remembered him as angry and was sometimes raving. Psychologist defined him like psychopatic personality with anger issues with sexually agressive and sadistic inclination.

He was sentenced for rape and killing of Alena for 8 years in prison.
They haven't found the body of Alena since today.

I was talking to a worker in the cemetery that knew them both.
She said he was once drunk talking, that he know about places in the cemetery, where he could hide a body and it would never be found.
She said that he was a weirdo.

A030811_TON_HROB1_V.JPG

A030811_TON_HROB2_V.JPG

A040120_TON_HROB_V.JPG
Ya! A Weirdo that's great a Hiding a Body! Only He didn't Hide it,He ate it! "Mmmm,Num Num Num"
"Chewin on Her Bum"
Lmfao...SP

Back