Damn Nature! You Scary!

msr

Here pikey pikey, swallow mah cawk.
Short Bussed
Has to do with the shape of their pupils.
In the dark, that diamondish shape gathers any and all light. Thus, they can see.
They have different retinas that have way more light gathering ability than humans do, that's why they shine so good when light hits them.

McM

Krautnigger
Has to do with the shape of their pupils.
In the dark, that diamondish shape gathers any and all light. Thus, they can see.
Yeah, I know that, thanks. But re-read Granz's post, he says they can see better at night. I asked better than what? That was the thing I was trying to find out.
They can see better at night than a human, yes. But can they see better at night than at daylight? No.

Better than what? Why can cats see better when there's less light? Sounds strange.
The cat's eye absorbs more light that the human eye (at any light condition) , that produces in them that with less light they see better.

Btw: The photos that you are posting are amazing dude!

Reactions: McM

McM

Krautnigger
that the human eye
Again: The Granz didn't mention the human eye, he just said 'cats can see better at night', that's nonsense. Even grammatically.
And I'm aware of the nature of the cat, I had a bunch of them for many years and a related collection of books about their behaviour, diseases and so on.
Fine you like the photos, they're mostly from Russian sites.