Daredevil "Mad" Mike Hughes dies launching his homemade rocket

Sic

Snego Yo Mama
Popularly known as "Mad" Mike Hughes was killed when the launch of his homemade rocket crashed in the California desert.

He was launching his homemade rocket for a new Science Channel series entitled, "Homemade Astronauts".

Hughes & a friend built a steam powered rocket with the intent on launching Hughes 5000 feet in the air.

He was also known as a "Flat Earth" theorist & daredevil. He was 64.

Drives backwards

It's exactly the same, but totally different
the earths a little flatter now.

Where HE "landed" it sure as hell is!! I can't stop laughing!! Do they still hand out Darwin awards?? Omfg!!!
Well, 64 he will stay! Flat earth....more like "Flat flyer"!! What goes up, comes down a TON!!!! Was his real name Mark? Like the one he left in the desert!! I shot a rocket in the air..I know where it landed because I saw the smoke cloud from the crash!! Oh this is just too easy!!
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=2020
Fair enough, I will give him that. He had the stones to try it, but that rocket was primitive. Like a step above Flintstones tech
Steam still has plenty of modern uses.

It's what powers and propels nuclear ships and submarines. Aircraft carriers use steam powered catapults to launch planes. Electricity is generated by steam propelled turbines.

The only real difference between a nuclear power plant and a coal fired power plant is the methods used for heating the water to make the steam.

The problem with the rocket wasn't that it was propelled by steam, it was that the parachute deployed at launch. The launch appeared to be quite successful.