David Parker Ray - The Toy Box killer (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
David Parker Ray ( November 6, 1939 - May 28, 2002) was an American citizen suspected by police to have murdered as many as 60 people in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.
Crimes
David Parker Ray tortured and killed his victims in a $100,000 homemade torture chamber he called his "toy box" which was equipped with what he referred to as his "friends": whips, chains, pulleys, straps, clamps, leg spreader bars, and surgical blades and saws. With these tools he terrorized Truth or Consequences for several years with the added assistance of multiple accomplices.

Ray was the center of a web of sadism, sex slavery and murder. His disciple, drifter Dennis Roy Yancy, confessed to strangling to death Marie Parker, 22, while Ray took photos. Ray's daughter Glenda Jean "Jessy" was convicted of helping her father kidnap and torture Kelli Van Cleve. Cynthia Hendy, Ray's live-in girlfriend, was known to the victims as "mistress". Hendy later told authorities that Ray had killed 14 women." Hendy confessed and supplied testimony against Ray for a lighter sentence, instead of the 14 Felonies, she only got 5 charges." (from Slow Death by Jim Fielder)

Inside the toy box was a medical gynecological examination table. A closed circuit television and camera were wired into the toy box so that a victim could be forced to watch their own torture. Along with numerous sex toys and torture implements there was an electronic generating device that was used in torture, as well as a 12-volt motorized breast stretcher. Ray would often have a recorded audio tape of himself he played for his victims whenever they regained consciousness. Ray has been recorded as saying he killed at least one person a year for 40 years.
Trial and conviction
On March 22, 1999 a living victim, Cynthia Vigil, escaped after a three-day ordeal. To escape she stabbed Ray's accomplice Cynthia Hendy with an icepick and ran away, wearing only a slave collar and padlocked chains. After her escape, Ray was apprehended by the police.

Ray was sentenced to 224 years in prison after being convicted of numerous offenses involving the abduction and sexual torture of three young women at his Elephant Butte Lake home. He was first convicted of his crimes against Kelly Van Cleave, and then admitted to the murder of Angie Montano, and his crimes against Cynthia Hendy. He died eight months after sentencing, having served two and a half years.

On August 28th, 2008, A TV show broadcast on the Investigation Discovery channel called "Wicked Attraction" reports that "on May 28th, 2002, he (David Parker Ray) is transferred to the Lee County Correctional Facility in Hobbs, New Mexico to serve the remainder of his sentence. Whilst being transfered, he was taken to a holding cell, and he slumps over, dead, of a massive heart attack. He dies just serving 8 months of his 225 year sentence.

19150884.jpg

David-Parker-Ray200.jpg

normal_toybox.jpg

mrln

silent ghost
to look at the guy,you wouldnt think twice. what a twisted fucker! hes luck to have died of a heart attack. the inmates wouldve taken care of him.....

Decent60

I actually watched this story last night. He has a very nice voice, even when he was making threats to the women (he recorded all of it on audio).
Easy to see how he could charm some people into believing him lol What's worse is the guy's g/f or wife or whatever the fuck she was....She watched him do this.

rachael

NewbieX
I am currently doing a reasearch paper on david parker ray and i used to live in new mexico and visit t or c alot, i really need some more infor that describes his crimes in deatails if any one can help that would be appreicated thank you:p

Decent60

Swass

NewbieX
I forget the name of the book, but the biography says that the woman police officer asked to go into the ToyBox and sketch the scene was so distraught by what she saw, she killed herself a few months later.

D.N.R.

Medication time
I think the name of the book was Cries in the Desert. I read a lot of true crime books but this one gave me the creeps. There was a lot of pics of his "toys"

social outcast

karma can be expected
I still have pages I OCR'd from the book. The book is gone from my possession but the pages printed out rival any of the sickest shit out there. Of interest is the experience years of this brutality instilled in David. He has rules for captives and only one who has lived that life could have them laid out the way he did.

D.N.R.

Medication time
The way he had his daughter help lure victims in really skeeves me out too. Too bad he died before we could get a better look into what made him tick

Back