Dead 'Awakening' FIghters (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
These Awakening militia fighters were taken out by ISIS fighters.

ISIS claimed that they had killed 10 Awakening fighters - but more photos would have been nice (I think these are vid grabs that they published).

Lajat, Syria, Jan 6, 2016.

awakening-fighters-killed-by-isis-militants-1-Lajat-SY-jan-6-16.jpg

awakening-fighters-killed-by-isis-militants-2-Lajat-SY-jan-6-16.jpg

awakening-fighters-killed-by-isis-militants-3-Lajat-SY-jan-6-16.jpg

awakening-fighters-killed-by-isis-militants-5-Lajat-SY-jan-6-16.jpg

5. Booty
awakening-fighters-killed-by-isis-militants-6-Lajat-SY-jan-6-16.jpg

jimbob

Yorkshire born n bred
It's amazing the firepower these twats have considering they don't work I wonder who actually (as in country) sells the guns to them

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
It's amazing the firepower these twats have considering they don't work I wonder who actually (as in country) sells the guns to them
These militants (ISIS, Awakening, al-Nusra, etc) get most of their weapons and ammo from major one source: the Iraqi Army. Sometimes they get it from taking out military outposts, or a large convoy, or just good old battle field booty.

They primarily use AK-47's because ammo is abundant in these regions - destroy a military outpost and they've got more than enough to reload with, along with RPG's, heavy ammo, mortars, heavy artillery (shells and guns), tanks, armoured vehicles, Humvees, night vision equipment, communication equipment, all types of grenades, etc.

The suppliers include the States, Saudi Arabia, and who knows who else, who have been arming the Iraqi military since the US moved out. The States supply the Iraqi's with M16's but the ammo isn't as easy to get once militants get their hands on the rifles and a few magazines.

And yep, they end up with alot of firepower without being directly supplied by one nation or another.

Jesusisgone

Lurker
It's amazing the firepower these twats have considering they don't work I wonder who actually (as in country) sells the guns to ththere local

There local militia. There either hand made, surplus from the soviet union, or they where bought from the government.

Back