DeathHand Artwork

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I've been drawing since I was about 5 or 6. My main thing was drawing army tanks and planes and soldiers getting shot.

When I was about 14, I started to pick up the drawing again and became more serious about it. By age 22 I had developed a unique knack for using pointillism and started a small business where I sold my art to local galleries and to individuals from the eastern states and back into Canada.

I prefer very fine-point black marker (0.05mm), pencil, pen, and pencil crayons (I can't paint worth shit, lols).

Anyways, here are a few of my early drawings and one that was part of my Limited Prints editions.

1. This one goes back to 1980. I was in a band and trying to come up with a name and a poster. But the name never materialized.

2. One of my early dabblings in pointillism that I never finished.

3. Pencil crayon on black paper. "The Imp."
deathhand-imp-art3.jpg

4. Another shot at a band logo thingy. This time the name stuck, for a while.

5. "The Plains Warrior." One of my pieces that I sold in my Limited Prints set. Drawn entirely with fine dots, including areas that are black. For the first 20 prints of this one, I hand coloured the eyes and the beaded/feathered strand of hair. These were signed and numbered in pencil.

deathhand-plains-warrior-art5.jpg

Sorry...seems that stuff disappeared...

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Alot of my stuff is buried away in one bin or another, especially the older stuff when I was into castles and the occult.

But I did manage to scan 3 pieces that were part of the start of my business (they are too large to get the whole image in).

1. A 1990 Harley Sportster.
dh-art5-1990-sporster.jpg

2. Harley Panhead chopper
dh-art6-panhead-chopper.jpg

3. Vintage Harley FLH Panhead.
dh-art-flh-88.jpg

Frig, more disappeared...

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
A few more pieces, from the Limited Edition pointillism set.

1. Rendition of a '47 Indian Chief with a Harley shovelhead engine.
dh-art8-indian-harley.jpg

2. Lots of trees and stuff where I used to work. After a night shift I snapped a few photos and then drew one of them. This one took me almost 5 months to complete. My best piece, which I never had printed, took me almost 8 months.
dh-art9-thistle-pine.jpg

3. The art galleries loved the Harleys and the drawing technique, but wanted more wildlife. So, lols, I drew an African Kob.
dh-art10-african-kob.jpg

4. And the #1 top seller was this piece - The Eagle. And again, these scans aren't of the whole piece of work. The paper size is too large, so you're only seeing about 85% of each piece.

dh-art11-the-eagle.jpg

Last edited:
While your motorcycles are quite true to form, I've never been interested in motorcycles. Your animals on the other hand are exquisite. Bravo. Moar.

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
I love your drawings! I am Native American so the horse was cool for me but I am not sure I have ever seen a hose with such a pissed off look in his eyes! I grew up on horses and motorcycles so I am also a motorcycle mama so the Harley's are most cool. My dad had an old Indian but I don't know what he ever did with it. I have a picture of Chief Joseph of he Nez Perce Tribe that my cousin drew with a pencil. I will take a pic of it, it is beyond words for using just a #2 pencil. Your work is so awesome, do some more horses, maybe a war pony. Love your work! I am a Native bead work artist myself. I should up load a few pics of my work. Keep drawing!

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I love your drawings! I am Native American so the horse was cool for me but I am not sure I have ever seen a hose with such a pissed off look in his eyes! I grew up on horses and motorcycles so I am also a motorcycle mama so the Harley's are most cool. My dad had an old Indian but I don't know what he ever did with it. I have a picture of Chief Joseph of he Nez Perce Tribe that my cousin drew with a pencil. I will take a pic of it, it is beyond words for using just a #2 pencil. Your work is so awesome, do some more horses, maybe a war pony. Love your work! I am a Native bead work artist myself. I should up load a few pics of my work. Keep drawing!
I think that with the horse I wanted to take a different route than what we always see of horse drawings. I printed him in a limited edition number of 250 and titled him "Plains Warrior". Maybe I felt that the soul of his warrior rider could be reflected in his steed, as the two are one - in a sense. The horse does look angry so I added the beaded braid with the feathers to give him a human touch - not just a wild horse.

Thanks for the comments and the background info about yourself and yes, upload some of your work: would love to see it :)