Dec. 26, 2004 Tsunami

I saw a mini tsunami a few years ago

there was a beach event called floatopia at my university and people just float on rafts and drink beer and just chill at the beach. A tsunami hit right in the middle of it and it was a bit scary at first watching all the people in rafts get tossed around, but it ended up being alright, no one was hurt, and everyone on the beach got free beer from all the hundreds of cans that got spilled out from the rafts! It was hilarious watching all these beer cans wash up on shore and everyone started booking it to pick up as many cans as possible.

there used to be a video of it on youtube but idk what happened to it.

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 59.

I should mention that these "ID photos" were taken mostly of foreigners and not of the local populace of any given city, village, etc. Many were identified while others were not.

ID Photos.

victim-id174-tsunami-dec2004.jpg

victim-id175-tsunami-dec2004.jpg

victim-id176-tsunami-dec2004.jpg

victim-id177-tsunami-dec2004.jpg

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I saw a mini tsunami a few years ago

there was a beach event called floatopia at my university and people just float on rafts and drink beer and just chill at the beach. A tsunami hit right in the middle of it and it was a bit scary at first watching all the people in rafts get tossed around, but it ended up being alright, no one was hurt, and everyone on the beach got free beer from all the hundreds of cans that got spilled out from the rafts! It was hilarious watching all these beer cans wash up on shore and everyone started booking it to pick up as many cans as possible.

there used to be a video of it on youtube but idk what happened to it.
Lols, I woulda been in there knee-deep grabbing them beer cans: to sell, ofcourse...not to drink...

But was this when the wave came in and the bleachers were taken out?

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I might have a few more images to add to this thread - cross checking my photos is a pain. Three days for me to get these all together - I had to hit about 20 or more sites in just as many languages. But I think it safe to say that GG now has the largest, or one of the largest, sets on the 2004 Tsunami.

:ko:

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
GREAT thread DH, this pics are awesome, I haven't seen most of them.. One small question Do you have anything from the Chilean earthquake/tsunami in 2010? I'm from Chile, but I haven't been able to find anything decent to upload here..
I posted some images that I have in the "Miscellaneous" section (because they're non-gore). The Chilean government seems to have censored many photos that displayed dead bodies (much like the Japanese did in 2011). I'll keep looking for more.

such a tragedy them poor people never saw it coming feel sorry for the parents that survived and lost their children feel bad for children that lost their parents death by drowning has got to be horrible

Javelin

FUCK! I hate spiders!!
Drowning was only partially to blame. So much debris in the water that many were simply pulverized though the accelerated decomp makes the evidence of this nearly impossible to discern. How many were swept up by the swells, slammed into solid objects and crushed ? I have always been fascinated by tsunamis and when this event took place, I was glued to the internet for hours everyday just viewing any and all footage I could find. Thanks for putting these up DH!

TheDuckingtons

stay at home son
You're the man DeathHand! Another great thread! This is right up there with your work on the Beslan massacre. What a hell on earth it must've been to be on any part of the areas devastated by the Tsunami.

What really gets me here is the final expressions on most of the faces before they met their demise. You can really see how one must have been terrified, perhaps crying or coughing, or even screaming. Such a horrible way to go.

D

DECADENCE

What really gets me here is the final expressions on most of the faces before they met their demise. You can really see how one must have been terrified, perhaps crying or coughing, or even screaming. Such a horrible way to go.
That's caused by them being in the water for some time before they are found, the face bloats when decomp sets in the frog look I call it.

snrmcs

every day i'ms snibbedi snabbeding x---DDDDD
There used to be a bunch of relevant home videos hosted on Google, shame they phased out their service.

BloodCount

Thank You Pointers!
Incredible work on this thread. Very well written and informative captions in addition to showing the horror and reality of the situation as you can't find in most media. Thanks

andersveg

Mortician, Killer, Lover of Dead Women
DD 001.jpg
DD 002.jpg
DD 003.jpg

My drawings based on my tsunami fantasy of finding a lovely corpse.
Pic 1: I managed to retrieve a drowned but relatively undamaged corpse from the sea moments after the tsunami, while I was being washed along.
Pic 2: By the next day, the corpse has started to bloat and turn green but I still think she looks hot
Pic 3: 2 days later, she is highly decomposed but sme beauty remains.

Memento_Mori

Bonfim Moritvri Mortivis!
I posted some images that I have in the "Miscellaneous" section (because they're non-gore). The Chilean government seems to have censored many photos that displayed dead bodies (much like the Japanese did in 2011). I'll keep looking for more.

Well, that s a policy over here. There are just a few gore images of accidents around the net, a few videos too, but here you will never find a leak of gore images as in Mexico or Brazil.

I have an uncle who works in the Policia de investigaciones (detectives) and i bet he has access to lots of good images of crimes :Hurr:.

Thanks so much for the well documented post. I still remember that morning when, with a huge hungover i turned on the TV and saw the disaster in the news...