Dec. 26, 2004 Tsunami

andersveg

Mortician, Killer, Lover of Dead Women
Any pics of the victims right after the tsunami? I mean, before they started to "ripen"?
extremely hard to find. most ripened quickly in the heat and humidity and also the time they spent in the water. many also suffered horrible injuries from being dragged and bumped through the debris. thus i had to imagine and draw my own freshly drowned and un damaged chicks. i have so far only come across 3 real photos of female victims who still looked somewhat arousing after the tsunami.

Judgy1

Fresh Meat
"Despite a lag of up to several hours between the earthquake and the impact of the tsunami, nearly all of the victims were taken completely by surprise. There were no tsunami warning systems in the Indian Ocean to detect tsunamis or to warn the general populace living around the ocean.

Tsunami detection is not easy because while a tsunami is in deep water it has little height and a network of sensors is needed to detect it. Setting up the communications infrastructure to issue timely warnings is an even bigger problem, particularly in a relatively poor part of the world."

Set 5.

Death.

View attachment 59307

View attachment 59308

View attachment 59309

View attachment 59310

After looking at every damn picture only two phased me. Photos of the grieving couple with their freshly demised son, terrible. As a mother, that kind of thing hits me like lightening in the feels. One of the side effects of daily gore review for me: cherishing my time with family more. Amazing stuff DH, thanks for reminding us how horrifying and morbid reality is!

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
tsunami is real nighrmare for mankind
Herculaneum in AD 79 dwarfed the Asian one,not to diminish it,but the Tsunami was at least 40 meteres high and the pyroclastic flows which reached speeds of 400mph overcame the residents and the bodies are still frozen in time today some huddled together.
It's known as the other Pompeii.

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Doesn't really feel like it, but later this month will be the 10th anniversary of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami.

That I can remember on the gore sites/forums, this was the biggest current event to happen and is probably when I cut my teeth in the finding, editing and posting of so many images of such a large event that had just happened.

December 26, 2004.

RIP to all those that died - :poison:

Damo0666

Forward Ever, Backwards Never
Cool thread, I haven't seen many pics of all the dead from that tragic day

I remember being sat at home with my girlfriend watching BBC news when all of a sudden it came on as breaking news and said what had happened and that the confirmed death toll was 12

never did I imagine it would rise to over a quater of a million, I can remember watching the death toll just rise and rise such a crazy day

Fresh Meat
Damn, I bet a lot of tsunami gore pics are buried somewhere in the deep web. Compiling ALL of them would be an epic album.

Rescue1669

Fresh Meat
My friend Marko was one of the only Farang Rescuers on the scene for the first few days so he would deal with all the tourist families. And because it got so hot he would sleep in the Mortuary trailers next to racks of bodies.