We must inform you in compliance with Nazi directive 2016/679 this website uses cookies. See our privacy policy for details. EU residents: If you continue to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Decap by Steel Cable

Discussion in 'Man Vs. Machine or Nature' started by DeathHand, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DeathHand

DeathHand Let It All Bleed Out

While hooking up steel cables that were tied on one end to a truck and the other ends to a tree the truck moved forward to stretch the cables when one of the cables snapped.

The cable that snapped whipped around like a whip cord and cut this worker's head off before he could say, "Ah fuck!".

Years ago, one of my neighbours who was from Scotland, told me about a job he had hooking up hydro cables (he's an electrician in Canada now). The crew were securing the cables when one snapped and nailed a worker on the ground. My neighbour said it was so fast: the other guy's head went up into the air and his body dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Sanharó, Brazil, Feb. 5, 2016.

worker-decapitated-when-steel-cable-snapped-1-Sanharó-BR-feb-5-16.jpg

worker-decapitated-when-steel-cable-snapped-2-Sanharó-BR-feb-5-16.jpg

worker-decapitated-when-steel-cable-snapped-3-Sanharó-BR-feb-5-16.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Airbornemama

Airbornemama Something Ironic...

I used to go 4×4 with my dads off road club and when a jeep woyld get stuck he always made me stand far away from the winch and cables for just this reason. Nice post:tu:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. deviant2

deviant2 edgy

One second you'r here, then you'r gone. No suffering in this instance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. _Xtina_

_Xtina_ Poster girl

DeathHand

When I was a kid, my father told me about an accident on a job he was on that's similar to your friend's story. A guy was running at the job site, cable snapped, and took off his head. My father said the headless body ran a few more steps before falling over. I don't know if that can really happen, but I do remember my father being a bit freaked out that day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Honest One

Honest One ETTAFUCKOUTTAHEA

Goes down so fast the body doesn't know right away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mental Puppy

Mental Puppy Mors Est Salus Moderator

Kinetic energy is a bitch, at a speed an inch thick cable is razor sharp. It'll cut you in half if your in its path.

Great post DeathHand

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nex

Nex You've Heard It All Before

I seen these in my news feed but did not post because I didn't have the full story, that being said thanks for the additonal information behind this DeathHand

8. Airbornemama

Airbornemama Something Ironic...

That reminds me of the scene in Ghost Ship where that exact thing happened! One of my fave scary movies

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mental Puppy

Mental Puppy Mors Est Salus Moderator

And mine, yeah that scene was awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kevin kirk

kevin kirk Forum Veteran

Check out how the lower part of his beard is still attacked to his body. Got the cable in the picture to

• Like Like x 1
  11. Damo0666

Damo0666 Forward Ever, Backwards Never

Crazy shit but at least it was very fast, beats isis doing it with a blunt knife lol
    Pretty much painless this way