Double arm transplant on US Iraq war veteran who lost all four limbs. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

tarekwood

Glad it's you !!
Double arm transplant on US Iraq war veteran who lost all four limbs.
Brendan Marrocco.
brendan-marrocco-1.jpg
brendan-marrocco-2.jpg
brendan-marrocco-3.jpg
brendan-marrocco-4.jpg
brendan-marrocco-5.jpg
brendan-marrocco-7.jpg
brendan-marrocco-8.jpg
brendan-marrocco-9.jpg
brendan-marrocco-10.jpg
brendan-marrocco-12.jpg
Surgeons have released pictures of the incredible moment an Iraq veteran who lost all four limbs in a roadside bomb blast had a double-arm transplant.
Brendan Marrocco, who was injured in the explosion almost four years ago, said he's looking forward to driving and swimming after undergoing the operation.
'I just want to get the most out of these arms, and just as goals come up, knock them down and take it absolutely as far as I can,' Marrocco said yesterday.
The 26-year-old New Yorker spoke at a news conference at Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he was joined by surgeons who performed the arduous and complex 13-hour operation.
After he was wounded, Marrocco said, he felt fine using prosthetic legs, but he hated not having arms.
'You talk with your hands, you do everything with your hands, basically, and when you don't have that, you're kind of lost for a while,' he said. Marrocco said his chief desire is to drive the black Dodge Charger that's been sitting in his garage for three years.
'I used to love to drive,' he said. 'I'm really looking forward to just getting back to that, and just becoming an athlete again.'

Back