Drink to Die

KingFate

Légion Blanche
Well that was certainly interesting, at least some countries give people the right to die if they want. I mean who has the right to tell anyone they deserve to live? If the US had programs like this, we could really avoid a lot of problems. They really make sure the person is 110% ready to die. I'm all for legalized assisted suicide.

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Well that was certainly interesting, at least some countries give people the right to die if they want. I mean who has the right to tell anyone they deserve to live? If the US had programs like this, we could really avoid a lot of problems. They really make sure the person is 110% ready to die. I'm all for legalized assisted suicide.
If the US had a policy like that, people would rack up huge amount of debt (prolly mostly to pay for the drink) and then die. Leaving lots of companies with a huge deficit.

backwoods boy

white minority
If the US had a policy like that, people would rack up huge amount of debt (prolly mostly to pay for the drink) and then die. Leaving lots of companies with a huge deficit.
COOL! Would love to see Citibank and Wachovia soaked with even more bad paper.

Decent60

Some states do. If you are in the US and have HBO on demand, this documentary is available right now. I saw it a couple weeks ago and it's pretty powerful. Hopefully more States will follow suit.
No, Organ has physician-assisted suicide. The guy who drank from the cup did a Voluntary Euthanasia. Just slightly different as physician-assisted suicide is for terminally ill patients while the other is for anyone wanting to die. You have to go through a psychological evaluation and such for the voluntary euthanasia and your mental status must be kept up before administrating the drugs or else they will terminate the procedure

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
No, Organ has physician-assisted suicide. The guy who drank from the cup did a Voluntary Euthanasia. Just slightly different as physician-assisted suicide is for terminally ill patients while the other is for anyone wanting to die. You have to go through a psychological evaluation and such for the voluntary euthanasia and your mental status must be kept up before administrating the drugs or else they will terminate the procedure
Well, voluntary euthanasia sounds very close to suicide imo, and I don't see many people asking for permission...

Reactions: C_R

Decent60

Well, voluntary euthanasia sounds very close to suicide imo, and I don't see many people asking for permission...
It's pretty much the same thing, just one is done in hospital setting and you're diagnosed with a terminal illness and the other can be done at your home regardless of health. Either case, a doctor is present at all times.

shotgun $200.00
12g shell: $.98
plastic tarp (thoughtful accessory) $10

no contracts, no legal issues, just a minor mess (if the tarp is used).

maleficent

Dead Inside
shotgun $200.00
12g shell: $.98
plastic tarp (thoughtful accessory) $10

no contracts, no legal issues, just a minor mess (if the tarp is used).
True, but at no time did he make a mess....no tarp needed. And he was thoughtful and considerate, sparing others from having to deal with an incurably ill, dying old man....but yeah a shot gun works too.:-_^:

Zayad

groovy chicken
Take a laxative then blow your brains out?
Heh..."NO! I made a mistake! These laxatives...are too damn potent! *blam*"
Nah I ment more along the lines of terminal illness (or old age I suppose) and needing some poor young nurse to wipe my ass for me. I'd hate to be useless.

sickfuck

Banned
i find it slightly disturbing that his wife (?) didn't mind the sound of him suffocating on his own juices...seems like a bit of suffering to me.

unedited video

Peter – a lovely, brave, old-fashioned man who has a splendid wine cellar and used to drive sports cars and fly aeroplanes – has motor neurone disease. "It's a beastly, undignified business," he says, Britishly. Soon he'll go to Dignitas in Switzerland to die. Terry, who has Alzheimer's disease, is thinking about assisted dying too.