Drugs for Healing?? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yamamoto McMotoyama-san

Cock Danger
This user was banned
Drugs for Healing??

Yes

Drugs ARENT BAD, mkay?

LONDON (Reuters) – Mind-altering drugs like LSD, ketamine or magic mushrooms could be combined with psychotherapy to treat people suffering from depression, compulsive disorders or chronic pain, Swiss scientists suggested on Wednesday.

Research into the effects of psychedelics, used in the past in psychiatry, has been restricted in recent decades because of the negative connotations of drugs, but the scientists said more studies into their clinical potential were now justified.

The researchers said recent brain imaging studies show that psychedelics such as lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), ketamine and psilocybin -- the psychoactive component in recreational drugs known as magic mushrooms -- act on the brain in ways that could help reduce symptoms of various psychiatric disorders.

The drugs could be used as a kind of catalyst, the scientists said, helping patients to alter their perception of problems or pain levels and then work with behavioral therapists or psychotherapists to tackle them in new ways.

"Psychedelics can give patients a new perspective -- particularly when things like suppressed memories come up -- and then they can work with that experience," said Franz Vollenweider of the Neuropsychopharmacology and brain imaging unit at Zurich's University Hospital of Psychiatry, who published a paper on the issue in Nature Neuroscience journal.

Depending on the type of person taking the drug, the dose and the situation, psychedelics can have a wide range of effects, experts say, from feelings of boundlessness and bliss at one end of the spectrum to anxiety-inducing feelings of loss of control and panic at the other.

C_R

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
They did this before. Then stopped. Now they're acting like they never tried it.

Yamamoto McMotoyama-san

Cock Danger
This user was banned
notawsome;22559 said:
if you disregard the part about getting lazy and addicted and harming you in smaller doses than many other consumable items then its ok.

Worse than the medicine prescribed by licensed doctors? Yes, this would explain why there are more illnesses and sick people right now than ever before. :/

Sickup86

This Is My Fucked Up Life, Dont Try This At Home!
This user was banned
dope dope dope dope dope dope dope speed yum that fuckin chemical is best fuckin think u can take before night job :D or even what job u are goin...or even if u dont have job at all :D then u can do what ever u want to do with ur worthless life... :D

Snicker

Sickest Bitch
Take drugs and forget all the depressing shit in your life? Eh,is that not apparently how a lot of people who have taken drugs started developing mental health issues in the first place? Taking drugs at the weekend to forget shit and whatever problems you might have,turns into only using at nights,then turns into using first thing in the morning and 24hrs a day whenever you're able to- but only because you need it,not want it.
:huar:

McM

ARSELING
Take drugs and forget all the depressing shit in your life? Eh,is that not apparently how a lot of people who have taken drugs started developing mental health issues in the first place? Taking drugs at the weekend to forget shit and whatever problems you might have,turns into only using at nights,then turns into using first thing in the morning and 24hrs a day whenever you're able to- but only because you need it,not want it.
:huar:

For many people (me included) it's a kind of self-medication. Opiates are a strong antidepressant.

Snicker

Sickest Bitch
For many people (me included) it's a kind of self-medication. Opiates are a strong antidepressant.

Yeah,I would agree with you there about opiates. But the thing with opiates is you take them to make yourself feel better but after a while you need to take them just to function & cope. It's a vicious circle. I started because I wanted to- no reason like I was abused,molested,had someone close die or anything like that,but after so long of being addicted to heroin I had turned by drug use into a way of coping with stress and depression,but in turn made myself more depressed because I was using. It masks the problem,helps even,but I don't think it's a cure.

Sickup86

This Is My Fucked Up Life, Dont Try This At Home!
This user was banned
speed is best for my depression...its amazing feeling when shoot that stuff in veins and depression is gone in 2 seconds...some weak psyched peoples get massive panic attacs and shit like that...and also i dont like that blood pressure come high as fuck 2 of my speedhead friend almost died to bleeding in brains coz speed use :D i have only that problem what came when i started inject shit is hepatitis C :D but im not yellow or shit like that... its just make me feel discusting sometimes and vomiting also...but thats the result of this fuckin suicidal lifestyle...

McM

ARSELING
Yeah,I would agree with you there about opiates. But the thing with opiates is you take them to make yourself feel better but after a while you need to take them just to function & cope. It's a vicious circle. I started because I wanted to- no reason like I was abused,molested,had someone close die or anything like that,but after so long of being addicted to heroin I had turned by drug use into a way of coping with stress and depression,but in turn made myself more depressed because I was using. It masks the problem,helps even,but I don't think it's a cure.

Yep, it's neither a cure nor a healing(thread title), but like other prescripted psychotropics the symptome are treated. Since 2009 there is the possibility to get opiates (Diamorphin) prescripted here in Germany. But you've to run to the doc for every fix...no thanks.

mrln

silent ghost
herb has been proven by people with illnesses to be most effective than some of the scripts given them. the govt is too pigheaded to admit that it does work because they think they cant make any money from it. that's a crock of shit. cigs and alcohol are far worse,and that's a proven fact. but yet,that shit is legal. scripts that are legal do far more worse damage to the body and mind than weed. so I don't see what the big deal is.

Back