Elderly man faces life in prison for shooting at thieves. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Elderly man faces life in prison for shooting at thieves.

http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-elderly-man-shoots-thieves-txt,0,2612691.story

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Legal analyst Dan Recht said he believes the Jefferson County District Attorney is "seriously overcharging" a Wheat Ridge homeowner, accused of attempted first degree murder for shooting at two thieves.

82-year-old Robert Wallace said he fired two shots at two men when they tried to run him over while stealing his flatbed trailer.

Wallace now faces twelve felony counts, including four counts of attempted first degree murder, for what he described as an act of defending his property and his life. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

One of the thieves, Damacio Torres later admitted to the theft. He and his partner in crime, Alvara Cardano both have prior arrest records and are believed to be in the country illegally.

But they are not facing any charges.

Recht said, in his experience, prosecutors overcharge cases to force a person to plea bargain. He argued that it's just not right to put a person through that kind of mental and financial stress.

Jefferson County DA, Scott Storey, indicated he'll take a closer look at his office's decision to throw the book at the homeowner and hinted the charges could be reduced. He said the investigation continues into the confessed thieves.

Cody

Banned
This user was banned
Fine example of those hardworking illegal immigrants just doing those jobs whitey can't be bothered to do. Like stealing from 80+year old men.

RS6

Lurker
Thought USA was on the side of the victim, you shouldnt even have to report it if you accidentally shoot a Gomez whilst playing with your guns.

Yamamoto McMotoyama-san

Cock Danger
This user was banned
Old people suck. They should be cleaned off of the streets forever... glad society is actually doing its job. Get these geezers off the streets via any means necessary.

dirty

Rookie
Beef Hose;6068 said:
Old people suck. They should be cleaned off of the streets forever... glad society is actually doing its job. Get these geezers off the streets via any means necessary.

LOL kill your mom and dad then beefhosesucker LOL

Pit Bull

Killer of lessor beings
Beefenstein;11143 said:
... How do you figure?

Trap evaded again.

The minimum age to be on this site is 18. Even if your folks were just 10 when you were born that makes them at least 28. That's fuckin old.

Hard to lie a out of this one and still be old enough to be here.

Trap sprung, again.

Yamamoto McMotoyama-san

Cock Danger
This user was banned
Pit Bull;11147 said:
The minimum age to be on this site is 18. Even if your folks were just 10 when you were born that makes them at least 28. That's fuckin old.

Hard to lie a out of this one and still be old enough to be here.

Trap sprung, again.

Uhh, but the life expectancy in my country is 80 years old. Also, my grandparents are old as fuck. Longevity. Ever heard of it?

28 is not old. 60 isn't really even THAT old any more.

You're a dumb shit. I am going to strangle you with a whale bowel.

Pit Bull

Killer of lessor beings
Beefenstein;11156 said:
You're a dumb shit. I am going to strangle you with a whale bowel.

Your funny. I 'm sorry your folks are dead now.

Come near me with a whale bowel and I'll pinch off your head and shit down your neck.

Back