Europe to U.S. on Iran: You Snooze, You Lose (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani whizzed around Rome and Paris this week with dozens of Iranian CEOs in tow, signing deals worth billions of dollars to export oil, overhaul his country’s airline fleet, manufacture cars, and more. On Thursday, Rouhani received a red-carpet greeting from President François Hollande and a trumpet blast of welcome at France’s Foreign Ministry before numerous signing ceremonies inking business contracts that will last for years.

The absence of U.S. businesses in this week’s business frenzy has been striking. The lightning round of deal-making comes just 10 days after the U.N. nuclear sanctions was lifted—the result of years of negotiations, ironically much of it led by U.S. President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry.

With U.S. sanctions relating to human rights violations and support of terrorism still in place, and Congress vowing to block any moves to lift them, America has put itself in a vacuum when it comes to dealing with Iran – and the Europeans are racing to fill it.

For European executives, it’s a rare moment to make rapid progress in a big market that still has clear potential to grow. With nearly 80 million people, many of them well educated, literate, and tech savvy, the business prospects seem huge. “For French businesses it is very important to start in Iran again,” says Philippe Gauthier, vice president of France’s business organization Medef, which hosted a daylong round of deal-making between Iranian and French executives. “It has been 10 years, and Iran is a very big country—by far the biggest in the Middle East.”

For Iranian businesses, the feeling is that the country cannot afford to wait for U.S. laws to change—something for which they believe American companies will pay the price. “The U.S. is losing a big market,” says Saeed Maghsoudi, managing director of the Tehran petrochemical company Namvaran P&T. Having traveled to Europe with Rouhani, he says he has renewed contact with companies he lost touch with through a decade of E.U. and U.S. sanction regimes, which steadily drove more and more Western businesses out of Iran, leaving the country increasingly isolated economically.

“If the U.S. wants to come back, we would be happy. But now they are losing,” Maghsoudi says. “We are a really big country that is safe, with no terrorism. The U.S. could use Iran as a place to do business in the whole region.”

Europe to U.S. on Iran: You Snooze, You Lose

Sev

Well Oiled Member
tumblr_ltahvlbVHe1qls341o1_500.jpg

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
iran has its own bank and currency hence its no slave to rothchild or petro american dollar.
THEY iran are singlehandedly the sole reason oil prices plumetted down too..( cause iran for years they sell it to china , with iran using gold bullion as payment (cause theyre smart) (probably why saudi king died from heart attack cause petrol dollar almost worthless in shaken economy)

and if look closely to ukraine yu also see iran invloved again....cause iran and her BBF russia are embarking to create eurasian money market together

i will end with fact that every day you bump into tons of wealthy SMART russian engineers living and working in iran for more maniey than they ever made in russia (theres many in lebanon also, and theyve been there since the collapse of russia as wolrd power.

last thing ...iran wont hurt anyone if they are left alone and not threatened.
just three years ago iran huge hospital for its jewish citizens who are many many generations old that lived there peacefully.
and they have to distrust west too...they dont need another shaw of shit coming into their hair. dressing persian girls like go-go dancer Twiggy

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
Iran is the best ally the US could have on the region, but the Republicunts (who have Israel too far up their asses) will not allow this to happen. That is why we are losing on all that business today and will keep losing it tomorrow.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Iran is the best ally the US could have on the region, but the Republicunts (who have Israel too far up their asses) will not allow this to happen. That is why we are losing on all that business today and will keep losing it tomorrow.

Iran, Lebanon and Syria (before the war at least) would certainly be the best allies in that region for the U.S. and Europe, if we weren't ruled by occupiers and criminals. Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey are some of the worst countries on earth to be allied with.

It's very sad.. I actually was looking forward to traveling to Syria years before the war started there. It used to be such a beautiful and safe country, rich with history and beauty dating back thousands of years. What has happened there in the last 5 years is one of the biggest crimes of the last century in my opinion, and at almost zero fault of the rightful Syrian government and it's President, Bashar al-Assad.

I still hope to travel to Iran one day, but that was always second to Syria on my list of places that I wanted to travel to in that region. To be honest, those were really the only two that I ever had any desire to travel to anyways.

MATAMUERTOS

اصبع القدم الجمل
iran has its own bank and currency hence its no slave to rothchild or petro american dollar.
THEY iran are singlehandedly the sole reason oil prices plumetted down too..( cause iran for years they sell it to china , with iran using gold bullion as payment (cause theyre smart) (probably why saudi king died from heart attack cause petrol dollar almost worthless in shaken economy)

and if look closely to ukraine yu also see iran invloved again....cause iran and her BBF russia are embarking to create eurasian money market together

i will end with fact that every day you bump into tons of wealthy SMART russian engineers living and working in iran for more maniey than they ever made in russia (theres many in lebanon also, and theyve been there since the collapse of russia as wolrd power.

last thing ...iran wont hurt anyone if they are left alone and not threatened.
just three years ago iran huge hospital for its jewish citizens who are many many generations old that lived there peacefully.
and they have to distrust west too...they dont need another shaw of shit coming into their hair. dressing persian girls like go-go dancer Twiggy
ahhh, that's why they worked so hard to /and celebrated in Teheran when sanctions where lifted.....to be part of the world economy they don't need.

Reactions: McM

D.O.A.

We are Kings
i will end with fact that every day you bump into tons of wealthy SMART russian engineers living and working in iran for more maniey than they ever made in russia
That can happen with any serious profession in any country, what I don't see is 38 year old uneducated russian women flipping hamburgers for donations, or "tips" as they call them, to supplement the abysmal minimum wage. One mans third world is anothers mah freedoms

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
That can happen with any serious profession in any country, what I don't see is 38 year old uneducated russian women flipping hamburgers for donations, or "tips" as they call them, to supplement the abysmal minimum wage. One mans third world is anothers mah freedoms
the iranian wealth i allude to isnt middle class like one imagines in western hemispheres......there is no middle class per say in places like iran and jordan (or lebanon) or any other places with dictator or ba'aath based govrnment. the wealth gotten in iran was through black market, drugs, and revived inner steel manufacturing groups that BOOMED. itas no surprise then that iran ranked 11 in world growth. and much money made in selling oil black market was actually reinvested OUTSIDE iran.
and as oil prices crash iran only interest now is increasing it s market shares (which also grow rapidly now0)

i would love actually to see all people in iran benifit, but world country's wealth via upper class /gov't greed grows independent of the dreams of its populace. it happening in usa and europe russia lebanon even in mundane places like nigeria...there is mad wealth being made...its just not "shared wealth" to the peoeple

Last edited by a moderator:
Back