Father, son struck by same bullet in Tehama County shooting spree (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A father and son are on the mend after they were hit by a madman’s bullet during a shooting rampage in Rancho Tehama Reserve in California last week.

James Woods II, 20, and his 43-year-old father, James Woods Sr., were on their way to the post office when gunman Kevin Neal drove up alongside them and started firing, in a shooting spree that claimed five lives and injured 12, NBC-affiliate KCRA reported.

“I looked over at him, and next thing you know, my mouth — boom. And my ears were a war zone. He got me good,” Woods II told the station.

Neal sprayed seven bullets at the men from eight feet away, the family said, KCRA reported.

The same bullet struck Woods II in the jaw and his father in the cheek.

“It ended up lodging right here, somewhere,” Woods Sr. said, gesturing toward a bandage on his right cheek, KCRA reported.

Woods II didn’t think he’d survive the violent encounter.

“I said, ‘I’m probably not going to make it, dad. But, I love you,’” Woods II told KCRA. “It was hard.”

The younger Woods had his jaw replaced and part of his tongue removed.

He woke up Monday and is able to speak through a medical device.

His father stayed by his side throughout the procedures.

“As I’m watching him grow stronger physically, it helps me,” Woods Sr. said. “I think the Lord so much,” he told KCRA.

Woods II is appreciative of the outpouring of support for his family but wants to turn his attention toward the family members of victims who didn’t survive the attack.

“I’m more worried about the people that don’t have their mom to hold or their uncle or their brother. They’re not there, they’re gone,” he said. “Like, I get to wake up and see my kids still. I might be in a lot of pain and my mind is messed up, but I still get to see them and there’s people that aren’t there.”

Father, son struck by same bullet in Tehama County shooting spree

Back