Film director Tony Scott jumps from bridge (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

KG

stalking
My bad i meant this post.
Ah ok, yes that does sound a little off. Let me try again. I was talking about your post where you said because of religion we can't put sick people down. So, I meant to say was due to the fact that killing people is a felony which means it's illegal is more of a reason to not do that not just religious reasons.

in my defense it's 4:52am and I've been up since 2pm yesterday lol.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
Ah ok, yes that does sound a little off. Let me try again. I was talking about your post where you said because of religion we can't put sick people down. So, I meant to say was due to the fact that killing people is a felony which means it's illegal is more of a reason to not do that not just religious reasons.

I understand but if the said person is either terminally ill or in a vegetative state and either the ill person or the family request it a lethal injection should in my view be used..painless.

gman

Free Shrugs©
This user was banned
I mentioned it.
If he were an Animal he'd of been put down,because of religion,they keep you alive for what could be years by machinery if necessary.
Suicide is a mortal sin in the eyes of religion.

No, he would have been kept alive because of the Hippocratic oath, taken by physicians. It's been in existence since around some time in the late 5th century BC. Nothing to do with religion.

KG

stalking
I understand but if the said person is either terminally ill or in a vegetative state and either the ill person or the family request it a lethal injection should in my view be used..painless.

Now I will agree to the if someone is in a vegetative state that the family should be able to pull the plug. That's where living wills come into play. I wouldn't want to waste the money for my family to be hooked up to a machine but the way the person dies after being taken off the machine is very inhumane in my opinion. So, yes a simple shot to stop everything painlessly would be good in that situation.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
No, he would have been kept alive because of the Hippocratic oath, taken by physicians. It's been in existence since around some time in the late 5th century BC. Nothing to do with religion.

I disagree.
If someone signs a DNR that is respected...that could be classed as doing harm.

gman

Free Shrugs©
This user was banned
Patients who are DNR can continue to have chemo, antibiotics, dialysis or any other appropriate treatments, so it's not all-encompassing.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
I concur. The recent case of the poor guy with 'locked-in' syndrome losing his high court appeal is a good case in point.

Amen brotha! Some pompous judge who doesn't have any fucking idea tells a man whether he can live or die.
Perfect example indeed,the judge needs his head examined.

gman

Free Shrugs©
This user was banned
Amen brotha! Some pompous judge who doesn't have any fucking idea tells a man whether he can live or die.
Perfect example indeed,the judge needs his head examined.

It wasn't helped by the media bringing out some fortunate guy who had actually recovered from the same syndrome and now leads a (fairly) normal life.

KG

stalking
Say that if your body is ravaged from something like cancer.

It hasn't been confirmed the last I checked that he had brain cancer. I can say with 100% certainty that I would try everything possible to get rid of it before I even entertained the thought of killing myself.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
It hasn't been confirmed the last I checked that he had brain cancer. I can say with 100% certainty that I would try everything possible to get rid of it before I even entertained the thought of killing myself.

Cancer cannot be cured and remission isn't that common.
The hassle and nastiness that is chemo and other drug therapies aren't a sure thing.
I'd go out with a lethal injection with my loved ones around me,i'd hate them to see a frail man whithering away with my hand on the morphine button every time i was in pain.

KG

stalking
Cancer cannot be cured and remission isn't that common.
The hassle and nastiness that is chemo and other drug therapies aren't a sure thing.
I'd go out with a lethal injection with my loved ones around me,i'd hate them to see a frail man whithering away with my hand on the morphine button every time i was in pain.

Tell that to my ex boss who had less than a year to live and had chemo treatments and now is in remission and at his last check up no cancer was found. Also, I had pre cancer cells and my body thankfully fixed it before it became cancer so it can happen. Also my ex boss ordeal was over 3 years ago.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST

I don't know if he had cancer or not, I didn't even read the article. I'm talking from just a regular point of view. If you have done all you can do in your life and want to die with dignity left, then I firmly believe suicide not to be a cowardly way out at all. Hell, I even think that the people who strap bombs onto their waists and blow themselves up to take out occupiers aren't cowards.

You can't call someone a coward for doing something that you have never had to contemplate because you've never been in the situation. When you have brain cancer or whatever, then you can tell me that you'll fight to the end and then I'll believe you.

Anyways, whatever. RIP and stuff.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
Tell that to my ex boss who had less than a year to live and had chemo treatments and now is in remission and at his last check up no cancer was found. Also, I had pre cancer cells and my body thankfully fixed it before it became cancer so it can happen. Also my ex boss ordeal was over 3 years ago.

That's one person you know and for just one...there are lots who don't and don't forget remission isn't guaranteed to last. The cancer could come back at any time.
As it did with my paternal grandfather.

Back