Fire (2).jpg
Fire (2).png
Fire (3).jpg
Fire (4).jpg
Fire (5).jpg
Fire (6).jpg
Fire (7).jpg
Fire (8).jpg

I never understood people that set themselves on fire to protest something. I get that your pissed, but really?
Signs, boycotting, protesting, all better alternatives than setting your fucking self on fire. WTF is wrong with people?
And, while I greatly admire the fact that that one dude didn't even move while he was torched, what did he accomplish? Fucking nothing. Idiot.

Msprissypants

Mors tua, vita mea
Short Bussed
I never understood people that set themselves on fire to protest something. I get that your pissed, but really?
Signs, boycotting, protesting, all better alternatives than setting your fucking self on fire. WTF is wrong with people?
And, while I greatly admire the fact that that one dude didn't even move while he was torched, what did he accomplish? Fucking nothing. Idiot.
I have always been intrigued by it myself and have studied it extensively.

The practice actually started with Jesuit priests as a "Baptism to fire".

Monk's and Hindus have also been doing it for years as a method of renouncement (as we would think of a priest or a religious person renouncing his faith) political protest and even devotion, even as an example of disdain for the body in favor of the life of the mind and wisdom, much like Ghandi starved himself. It even appears in ancient Chinese Buddhist texts
The reasons varies, but nevertheless the results are entertaining :lulz:

I have always been intrigued by it myself and have studied it extensively.

The practice actually started with Jesuit priests as a "Baptism to fire".

Monk's and Hindus have also been doing it for years as a method of renouncement (as we would think of a priest or a religious person renouncing his faith) political protest and even devotion, even as an example of disdain for the body in favor of the life of the mind and wisdom, much like Ghandi starved himself. It even appears in ancient Chinese Buddhist texts
The reasons varies, but nevertheless the results are entertaining :lulz:
Oh, very entertaining. Think it's stupid as fuck, but have to admit, I like seeing the results.

Msprissypants

Mors tua, vita mea
Short Bussed
Books, literature, I actually studied to be an Anthropologist.
I'm kidding..
No, I gave a Tibetian monk a can of petrol in Saigan once, than offered him a match.

groovysherrie

Morbidly Curious
At the very least, strap a bomb to your body and take out others on your way out.