Five Marines missing after crash off Japan declared dead (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rastis Jones Jr.

Exhaustipated
Only one of seven Marines aboard a fuel tanker and a fighter jet that collided last week survived the accident, the corps said.

181206-japan-search-mc-1004_f75a0be531c20a628bfb4f3526d86752.fit-760w.JPG

The Marine Corps called off the search for five Marines missing after last week's collision of two planes off Japan and said Tuesday that their families had been notified that they were dead.

The planes, a KC-130 refueling aircraft carrying five crew members and an F/A-18 fighter jet carrying two others, collided and crashed into the sea about 200 miles off the coast on Thursday, U.S. and Japanese officials said last week.

181207-capt-jahmar-resiliard-al-1031_38ac1def44c3976f5250432806700fe9.fit-760w.jpg

Capt. Jahmar Resilard died after two Marine aircraft collided last week off Japan. The Marine Corps declared five other missing Marines dead on Tuesday.III Marine Expeditionary Force
Two Marines were rescued, one of whom, Capt. Jahmar Resilard of Miramar, Florida, later died. Search and rescue operations continued through the weekend and into Monday, Lt. Gen. Eric M. Smith, commander of U.S. Marine Forces Japan, said in a statement Tuesday afternoon (Monday night ET).

The identities of the five missing Marines weren't immediately made public, but the Marines said notification of next of kin had been completed.

"Every possible effort was made to recover our crew and I hope the families of these selfless Americans will find comfort in the incredible efforts made by U.S., Japanese, and Australian forces during the search," Smith said.

"Stand down Marine's, your duty is done." Semper Fi brothers.

Rastis Jones Jr.

Exhaustipated
TOKYO -- The U.S. military has identified five Marines who were declared dead Tuesday after their refueling plane collided with a fighter jet last week off Japan's southern coast.

"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the names of our fallen Marines," Marine Corps Lt. Col. Mitchell T. Maury, the squadron's commanding officer, said in a statement Wednesday. "They were exceptional aviators, Marines, and friends whom will be eternally missed. Our thoughts and prayers remain with their families and loved ones at this extremely difficult time."

The Marine Corps identified the crew members as Lt. Col. Kevin R. Herrmann, 38, of New Bern, North Carolina; Maj. James M. Brophy, 36, of Staatsburg, New York; Staff Sgt. Maximo A. Flores, 27, of Surprise, Arizona; Cpl. Daniel E. Baker, 21, of Tremont, Illinois; and Cpl. William C. Ross, 21, of Hendersonville, Tennessee.

The crew members were based at Iwakuni air station near Hiroshima as part of the Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152. They were on a KC-130 Hercules refueling aircraft that collided with an F/A-18 Hornet -- a fighter jet -- during regular training.

The two crew members in the fighter jet were recovered after the accident, but one died. He was earlier identified as Capt. Jahmar Resilard, 28, of Miramar, Florida. The Marines said the survivor was in stable condition when rescued.

"The circumstances of the aircraft mishap are currently under investigation," the Marines said in a statement.

Earlier this week, a woman in a Phoenix suburb was desperate for word on her son's fate. Rosa Bennett told CBS Phoenix affiliate KPHO-TV that her son, Maximo Flores, was one of five Marines who were missing after the collision.

"I was just hoping it was a mistake, that he wasn't in that plane, but he was. It's very hard. I mean -- I picture him. I just see his face, his smile and then realize I'm not going to see it again," she said.

It is the latest in a series of recent accidents involving U.S. military forces deployed in and near Japan.

Last month, a U.S. Navy F/A-18 Hornet from the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan crashed into the sea southwest of Japan's southern island of Okinawa, though its two pilots were rescued. In mid-October, a MH-60 Seahawk also belonging to the Ronald Reagan crashed off the Philippine Sea shortly after takeoff, causing non-fatal injuries to a dozen sailors.

Graziani

TRUMP BACK TO WHITE HOUSE
TOKYO -- The U.S. military has identified five Marines who were declared dead Tuesday after their refueling plane collided with a fighter jet last week off Japan's southern coast.

"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the names of our fallen Marines," Marine Corps Lt. Col. Mitchell T. Maury, the squadron's commanding officer, said in a statement Wednesday. "They were exceptional aviators, Marines, and friends whom will be eternally missed. Our thoughts and prayers remain with their families and loved ones at this extremely difficult time."

The Marine Corps identified the crew members as Lt. Col. Kevin R. Herrmann, 38, of New Bern, North Carolina; Maj. James M. Brophy, 36, of Staatsburg, New York; Staff Sgt. Maximo A. Flores, 27, of Surprise, Arizona; Cpl. Daniel E. Baker, 21, of Tremont, Illinois; and Cpl. William C. Ross, 21, of Hendersonville, Tennessee.

The crew members were based at Iwakuni air station near Hiroshima as part of the Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152. They were on a KC-130 Hercules refueling aircraft that collided with an F/A-18 Hornet -- a fighter jet -- during regular training.

The two crew members in the fighter jet were recovered after the accident, but one died. He was earlier identified as Capt. Jahmar Resilard, 28, of Miramar, Florida. The Marines said the survivor was in stable condition when rescued.

"The circumstances of the aircraft mishap are currently under investigation," the Marines said in a statement.

Earlier this week, a woman in a Phoenix suburb was desperate for word on her son's fate. Rosa Bennett told CBS Phoenix affiliate KPHO-TV that her son, Maximo Flores, was one of five Marines who were missing after the collision.

"I was just hoping it was a mistake, that he wasn't in that plane, but he was. It's very hard. I mean -- I picture him. I just see his face, his smile and then realize I'm not going to see it again," she said.

It is the latest in a series of recent accidents involving U.S. military forces deployed in and near Japan.

Last month, a U.S. Navy F/A-18 Hornet from the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan crashed into the sea southwest of Japan's southern island of Okinawa, though its two pilots were rescued. In mid-October, a MH-60 Seahawk also belonging to the Ronald Reagan crashed off the Philippine Sea shortly after takeoff, causing non-fatal injuries to a dozen sailors.
Trump is in bagda. usa troops will go back home.

Smokinrav

Fucking asshole pot smoker
While in Iraq Trump congratulates the troops for the across the board 10% pay raise he got them.
Of course this is trump. There's been no pay upgrade.

Back