Five men were convicted for running Jetflicks, a low-cost streaming service… (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Blair

Drop acid, and then bombs. ✌️+❤️=🤯

If a streaming service sounds too good to be true, it probably is. In the case of Jetflicks, it was too good to be legal.

A federal jury in Las Vegas convicted five male defendants for their roles in a complex scheme of scraping popular television shows and award-winning movies from pirate sites and bundling them into a streaming service called Jetflicks, said the Department of Justice in a statement on Thursday.According to the indictment, Jetflicks operated as a subscription-based streamer that allowed users to watch and download copyrighted TV shows and movies without permission from the copyright owners.
“The defendants operated Jetflicks, an illicit streaming service they used to distribute hundreds of thousands of stolen television episodes,” said principal deputy assistant attorney general Nicole M. Argentieri, head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, in a statement. According to the DOJ, the group ripped off thousands of copyrighted television episodes generating a mass of content larger than “the combined catalogues of Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and Amazon Prime.”
For a $10 monthly subscription fee, users could watch shows on multiple devices and platforms within days of new episodes appearing on legitimate services and channels, authorities said.”

The original article is paywalled but here is a free version:

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
I used to download South Park for the kids, there were a few sites that would upload the latest episodes a day or 2 after their first airing in the USA ( there would be months to wait here in the UK ).. and it was all free!

Eric Blair

Drop acid, and then bombs. ✌️+❤️=🤯
I used to download South Park for the kids, there were a few sites that would upload the latest episodes a day or 2 after their first airing in the USA ( there would be months to wait here in the UK ).. and it was all free!
Yea i torrent the shit out of shit. Mostly movies but tv too. I actually recently got the For All Mankind series, cant wait to watch.

K.I.T.T.

I Fucked Your Porsche
thepiratebay.org is still alive and well.

But I prefer Dark Web sources, less likely to end up with a stern letter from my ISP.

Back