Florida Cam. Watch Hatching and Raising of Bald Eagles (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

deviant2

hell is other people
E15... reminds me very much of E9 ♡
Oohhh, what's this? Let's find out... can I play with it, climb it, carry it around???
816a 15 office a.JPG.jpg
75819a.jpg
75818a.jpg

Always wondered if the office had a cam, guess now we know...

Silly goober is carrying around Spanish moss and playing in the plants... LOL
75903a.jpg
75902a.jpg
75904a.jpg

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
Doesn't feel like it sometimes, this season has been so long, full of trials and heartbreak and blessings. These two are learning fast.. but won't be gone for at least another month, if they travel at all.
Harriet looks tired, imo. M is young yet and strong. The beginning of nesting season is only about four months away.
Rebuild, bond, repeat.

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
I don't want to be around when she goes and I hope it's not on cam. I hope she'll carry on, owls and intruders be damned.
Don't get me wrong, she's a force of nature but even that has to come to an end at some point.
She's trained M well and he loves her, whole heartedly. The territory will forfeit to M no matter who he chooses for a partner when she goes to meet again with Ozzie. It will belong to him for many years going forward.

Last edited:

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
I don't want to be around when she goes and I hope it's not on cam. I hope she'll carry on, owls and intruders be damned.
Don't get me wrong, she's a force of nature but even that has to come to an end at some point.
She's trained M well and he loves her, whole heartedly. The territory will forfeit to M no matter who he chooses for a partner when she goes to meet again with Ozzie. It will belong to him for many years going forward.
Aww thats a sad thought right there!.

deviant2

hell is other people
It is, indeed.
But I'm trying to realistic giving the population influx, less territory happening everywhere cause we keep clearing fields and land to make way for humans. Season 8 has never happened before in this nest. Maybe I'm just preparing myself for what will come.
She's not a young birdie.

deviant2

hell is other people
She could live for another ten years and produce many babes in that time. I hope she does, everyone wants her to carry on.
The End of Ozzie and Harriet will resound around the globe, no one wants that.
But that would push her into her 30's.
M's just barely 10ish.

deviant2

hell is other people
E16 to the nest... under a brief morning shower
108p e16 nest.PNG.png

Decides to wing it a bit in the rain...
Pretty sure I've see this dance before, LOL.
108p e16 attic a.PNG.png
109p e16 rain wings b.PNG.png
110p e16 raindance.PNG.png
71420e16e.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
E16 went from bath after the rain, to the fence and held up traffic, lol.
71420e15e.jpg

Everybody holds, while our babe flies off back towards the nest...
71420e15f.jpg

♡♡♡

deviant2

hell is other people
Ok folks... the cams never came down this season, because M15 and Harriet refused to give up, hurricanes be damned. E16 is out soaring where ever the winds and instinct take him. E15 was thought to be gone.
Nope! Landed in the attic this morning as the sun was rising.
82220e15c.jpg
82220e15d.jpg
82220e15b.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
He'll go very soon on his own, I hope. Other wise Mom and Dad will chase him off because nesting season is not far away and once it begins they'll not tolerate any intruders, up to and including their precious E15.
They've already been standoffish and are slowly beginning nestorations for the beginnings of a new clutch.

deviant2

hell is other people
Can't get the link to load of the vid but for those that watch... the cams haven't been taken down. Harriet and M15 are still in the nest, tropical storm and all.
AND SO IS E15!!!
Chasing his Mom around sqweeing like he's starved. Time to go ya big baby.
Shoo, shoo...

deviant2

hell is other people
It's that time again folks...
WELCOME TO SEASON 9

20201004_165334.png

SWF   nest tree diagram.jpg

SWF   nest tree map.jpg

All cams are up and streaming, for those interested.

SW Florida Live Eagle Cams

deviant2

hell is other people
They've started bring in branches for nesterations, E15 has been down in the nest moving things around. Several visits already from adults and subadults. Don't know what E15 is gonna do once Harriet gets closer to laying, guess we wait and see.

Last season was full of highs and lows. And really low lows and really high highs. What a rollercoaster ride.

May this one be safe and exciting for the King and Queen of SWFL.

♡,
dev

deviant2

hell is other people
Yesterday... from the CAM2 tree.
E15 leaves nest tree, very vocal, heads south.
81BDF164-F98D-4694-84CD-ADA4A8591E96.jpeg.jpg

In hot pursuit of M15(Dad), who's headed to nest with food.
L👀K how close he is!!!
7C677932-32C0-4572-9D39-DAC6A4833005.jpeg.jpg
F90FB9AF-E505-4B7A-A5A3-F130BBFC1516.jpeg.jpg

They both land, M drops the fish and gets outta the way quickly as E15 mantels.
F8E5393D-D2DE-4D7C-BAFA-3623D421D783.jpeg.jpg

And claims his breakfast, which is a good size fish that M didn't eat the head off of.
Interesting...
7F3F362B-388F-4287-8174-CE0FCB972B7F.jpeg.jpg

The nest looks so tiny, it's not.
Actually it doesn't look bad, considering Season 8 basically has rolled into Season 9 without a break.

deviant2

hell is other people
Beautiful sunrise this Monday morning finds E15 perched on a branch under the nest. He's been sleeping there during the night, for safety purposes most likely.
Those pesky owls will be on the move too before long, and they want this nest.
708a e15 du.jpg

He wakes and moves to the upper branches.
710a e15 2  B a.JPG.jpg
710a e15 2 ubranch.JPG.jpg

Back