Florida Cam. Watch Hatching and Raising of Bald Eagles (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

deviant2

hell is other people
UPDATE:
The necropsy report on E14 from Georgia showed a significantly high amount of brodifacoum an anticoagulant rodenticide, in his liver.
Rat poisons prevent the blood from clotting and cause the animal that has ingested a toxic amount, to bleed to death.
Rodents that have come into contact with this poison become lethargic, thus making them easy prey for eagles, owls, hawks and other birds of prey.
Harriet and M are still at their nest, doing what they do, except raising babes. Although they're adults, with a tolerance and larger livers, they're being watched closely for signs that they too might be in danger of this poison.

So sad...

deviant2

hell is other people
This thread needs some more happy!!!
This is almost unheard of, be still my heart.
022220 545p H egg (2).JPG.jpg
2020-02-22 18_12_05-Greenshot.jpg

M's like... whatcha got under there ♡♡♡
SWF   H-are you hiding something 2   2-22-20.jpg
SWF   extra shell junk   2-22-20.jpg

WOW!!!

EDIT:
Official lay time 2:05pm, today.
Welcome egg #3

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
If she lays another one in the next two days, it'll truly be amazing. They get it on ALOT, so it's not entirely out of the question... plus, they've been keeping up with the nest, sleeping in the attic, protecting it in between their stick arguments, meals and eagle whoopie.

deviant2

hell is other people
There's a link to this live cam, somewhere in this thread... the one in the beginning won't work because of the Pritchett's update.
Hold on, I'll find it and tag you if you want.

deviant2

hell is other people
"The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of reality."

~James Allen

deviant2

hell is other people
and who said miracles cant happen 😍
The eagle world is a buzz, let me tell ya. There's another nest here, up in the northern part of the state that is on cam also. Last year, while there were 2 eggs in the nest, the Mom went missing and Dad was left to do it all... a very difficult task, that doesn't end well in most cases. Out of nowhere a female started showing up and slowly but surely started to tend to the eggs and nest. The first few times she tried incubating were tough because she didn't have a brood patch or experience. But by God she managed it, those eggers hatched and fledged. They are a mated couple this season, and she has new eggs of her very own.

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
The eagle world is a buzz, let me tell ya. There's another nest here, up in the northern part of the state that is on cam also. Last year, while there were 2 eggs in the nest, the Mom went missing and Dad was left to do it all... a very difficult task, that doesn't end well in most cases. Out of nowhere a female started showing up and slowly but surely started to tend to the eggs and nest. The first few times she tried incubating were tough because she didn't have a brood patch or experience. But by God she managed it, those eggers hatched and fledged. They are a mated couple this season, and she has new eggs of her very own.
If you can find that cam, post it for us! Atleast something is going right in the universe ❤️

deviant2

hell is other people
Harriet brooding. M brought fish.
Will be interesting if we see a significant change in diet. I think they know...
Screenshot_20200223-132516.png
Quick glimpse of the area... that's the pasture pond, stables... whoever that is the horses love them. More come from the trees on the other side of the drive.
Screenshot_20200223-132637.png
Camera that houses the fixed view of the nest.
Screenshot_20200223-132813.png
The church(for if you read church snag/church side pine)there's a spot in their parking lot for eagle watchers.
They also had their lights lit from sundown to sunup in memorandum of little E14. It was a loving gesture.
Screenshot_20200223-132858.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-132653.png
    Screenshot_20200223-132653.png
    463.2 KB · Views: 26

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
Harriet brooding. M brought fish.
Will be interesting if we see a significant change in diet. I think they know...View attachment 407170Quick glimpse of the area... that's the pasture pond, stables... whoever that is the horses love them. More come from the trees on the other side of the drive.
View attachment 407171Camera that houses the fixed view of the nest.View attachment 407174The church(for if you read church snag/church side pine)there's a spot in their parking lot for eagle watchers.
They also had their lights lit from sundown to sunup in memorandum of little E14. It was a loving gesture.View attachment 407175
I forgot to tell you that the death of E14 made it into our local news paper! Big spread with pics too 😢

Back