Florida Cam. Watch Hatching and Raising of Bald Eagles (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

deviant2

hell is other people
#3 top
#4 bottom
226759a.jpg

#4 up close
87369227_10216035850673901_4898312761164955648_n (2).jpg

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
All is fine, in the pine.
8:30a.m.
Except, M wants his turn incubating so he starts putting grass on her back.
22820 832a m grasover (4).JPG.jpg

He looks deep into her eyes...
832a m 2 H.JPG.jpg

Nope, she ain't moving... he goes to the attic and glares at her.
833a m lookdown.JPG.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
This morning, Harriet calls...
2245.jpg

M answers her and fly's in, top branch...
3120m.jpg
2244.jpg
3120ma.jpg

Harriet up, out.
3120ha.jpg

M down and in...
3120mb.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
Harriet looks down, all is well..
3120hb.jpg
and she's off to stretch those wings...
3120hc.jpg

Circles her land... and comes right back to the top branch that M just vacated.
3120he.jpg

She's a boss. Almost pulling double duty on this second clutch.

deviant2

hell is other people
At this time normally they would have babes equalling their size, fledging...
Lil E14, you'll not be forgotten.

I still can't believe this is happening.
Harriet and her force, along with M15 demand to carry on.
Simply Amazing.

deviant2

hell is other people
Ok folks... we are at the 7 day count down for egg #3, 10 day for egg #4... second clutch hatch.
I, as well as thousands of others are full of hope.

Harriet and M take a break together...
32120handm.jpg

Lovely Harriet flying in...
32120hto nest.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
M15 up for a stretch...
Peekaboo eggers, we see you...
2721.jpg

Big stretch...
2722.jpg

While he's up, hmmm. This stick is in the wrong spot, must move it... LOL
2723.jpg

Alright, back to eggs. Rolls them, and shimmies back down...
2724.jpg
2725.jpg

He's so handsome.
2728.jpg

P.S. Harriet moved that stick back where it was. So funny.

deviant2

hell is other people
Less than 2 days til PIP watch for #3

This morning, very foggy.
2020-03-27_12h54_04.jpg
2020-03-27_12h54_39.jpg

That little raised bit, is being watched very closely. Hmmm...
32720egg.jpg

Tick Tock... come on babies.
We're cheering you on.

Drives backwards

It's exactly the same, but totally different
Less than 2 days til PIP watch for #3

This morning, very foggy.View attachment 412429View attachment 412430
That little raised bit, is being watched very closely. Hmmm...
View attachment 412431

Tick Tock... come on babies.
We're cheering you on.

Thank you SO much Dev for keeping us informed. The eagles I've told you about here are over my house almost daily, flying the thermals and mixing with the buzzards. I've had several people over who have seen them flying over my house and were just amazed at how big they are!!
Some people have never seen one in real life!! I've got some old meat from my freezer I'm going to put out. My hope is one or both of the eagles will come to take some of it! If that happens, I'll try my best to get you some pix!

Thanx again for your dedication to sharing this wonderful and amazing part of our world at a time when all else is haywire!!
Hugs to you and yours! Stay safe 😊💕

deviant2

hell is other people
I appreciate your enthusiasm, truely.
But don't fed or encourage them in any way. You're doing more harm than good with those actions.
Also, it's against the law to do such things.

Drives backwards

It's exactly the same, but totally different
I appreciate your enthusiasm, truely.
But don't fed or encourage them in any way. You're doing more harm than good with those actions.
Also, it's against the law to do such things.

I understand exactly what you're saying and you are absolutely right. What it is is my next door neighbor is a federal game warden Lou Fortmanne, and he advises me on what I can and can't do. I'm also very careful NOT to put things out that could be harmful to them or in a place that is a danger to them. I've been putting out food for the crows for about 15 years. As time has gone by and all of the local wildlife has become familiar with it, literally EVERYTHING comes to feed here! Foxes, coyotes, skunks, weasels, raccoons, a huge list of ground animals! Then there are the crows, boat tailed grackles blue jays, right on up to buzzards, hawks and the eagles or course. I even had a gyre falcon, last year and his wife got some pictures of it.

Again, you are right about not "baiting" any wild bird for purposes of ill will. Please know that I love these majestic birds as much as you. As a small child, thinking I would one day fly with then was the only thing that kept me going in some very difficult times. I also take roadkill out to the field for all of them because right in front of my house last year a young red tail was killed by an ignorant asshole flying up the road!! Never even stopped!!! I hate people like that!! It's a country road and the speedlimit is 30mph!! This guy was doing atleast 60!! So even though I had always taken roadkill to the field, I'm way more diligent about it now. BTW, Lou took the dead red tail in and reported the death and why. He has the power to arrest same as police!! He was SO pissed!! There's so many things I want to tell you about him and his work! You would reallylike it!! Before he sold it, he owned a helicopter and did census monitoring of the eagles and nests! I would go with him sometimes!! It was so cool.

Anyway, thank you for caring enough to speak up. I'm very careful about the health and wellbeing of all the animals in my area. 😊💕

Waiting on the birth of these next babies 💓

deviant2

hell is other people
Pip watch is on... Harriet and M15 both seem to be listening as they aerate, stand up and move about. This is a good sign of at least one viable egg.

Back