Found this picture of the Vietnam War, on the net. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

FrogOne

Rookie
VietnamWar.jpg

Soapy69

Rookie
"Back in the 80’s when I were a skin there was a band called the 4skins (drummer and lead guitarist were friends of mine) and their front cover to one of their albums was the bottom picture"

Small world, I was mates with Horton Toms younger brother Mark McCourt.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Top photo's look like Montagnards from the highlands, they hated lowland Vietnamese whether north or south, the north had to go across the mountains from ho chi min trail to get to South Vietnam, the 'gnards cut em to pieces, literally, American Special Forces organized & supplied them. Bit of useless info for the day:)

Roger Escude

Heaven & Hell
wow that's impressive. i've never seen an 8 gauge irl before. would like to give it a try and see how hard the kickback is.
IF ever one was made, I’m sure it wouldn’t be fun to shoot after 3 maybe 5 shots. Shoulder would hurt like a motherfucker!!!!
imagine tha slug shell it would use.
Tha buckshot version shell contain ball bearings!! 😂
ever seen a 10 gauge compared to a 12 gauge well, just imagine a 8 gauge 🤯

Last edited:

Guipago

Forum Veteran
View attachment 445968View attachment 445968Bruh!!! Look at tha girth of THAT fuckin barrel.
🤔 crack barrel single shot 8 gauge ( if ever one was made😂)
Look up M79 grenade launcher, used to lob 40mm grenades(same round as used in the M203's) up to 400 meters into bunkers, buildings or vehicles, also used on troops on patrol, is a good little do-all, called a 'blooper tube' from the sound of firing, less recoil than 12 gauge, I have shot one in Oz military, gave me a hard on, very useful.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
It was a draw!!
The VC were annihilated during the Tet Offensive in 1968, the North Vietnamese Army had a political problem with the VC, the NVA bullshitted to them about how the South was going to be run, NO Southern Vietnamese in government only NVA so they were used on all the 'hard' targets, US bases, cities, towns where there was a large concentration of US troops to wipe them out, it worked.

Back