Free Avast! Until August 2012

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
avast! has been gaining popularity every since version 5 and even more when Avira started to partner with ASK.com. According to download.com total downloads statistics, you can see that AVG grabs the first place, avast! at second and followed closely by Avira. Here is one of the freebies shared by LunarWolf where everyone can use avast! Internet Security 6.0 until 18 April 2012 for free! avast! has 3 home products and they are the free version, Pro and Internet Security. The Pro version has 3 extra protection module which is Sandbox, SafeZone and Command line scanner if compared to the Free version. As for the Internet Security, it comes with everything in Pro plus Anti-spam filter and a built-in firewall. The Pro version cost $39.99 per year and Internet Security at 49.99.

If you are using avast! Free Antivirus or avast! Pro Antivirus, here is your chance to upgrade to avast! Internet Security for FREE which gives maximum protection, powered by avast! SafeZone technology. If you already have a license for avast! Internet Security which expires earlier than 18th April 2012, you can extend it using this license.

Just follow the simple steps below to get your free avast! Internet Security 6.0 license file valid till 4/18/2012.
1. Go to http://www.my-avast.de/AVAST-Aktion-com-so-gehts
2. Fill up the form by entering your first name (Vorname), last name (Nachname), email address and click the Absenden button.
3. Check the inbox of the email address that you have entered in the form. You should receive an email from Globell Marketing ([email protected]) with the subject Registrierung Avast Internet Security 6. In the email, there is a link to download the license file. Download the ZIP file and extract it.
4. Download avast! Internet Security 6.0 and install.
5. During the setup, you will come to a License part where you have to select “Supply a license file”. browse for the License com! so geht?s.avastlic file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Note: If your computer already have the free or Pro version installed, all you need to do is double click on the license file where avast! will recognize and ask you “Are you sure you want to insert the license file with the following parameters?” Click the Yes button and avast! will then download the necessary file from the Update tab to automatically upgrade it to Internet Security 6.0.

It is definitely a win-win situation for both users and avast! because when the license expires on April 2012, satisfied users will definitely extend their license subscription with their own money

i used avg for years and switched to avast and couldn't be happier with it. fast, accurate and free. i wouldn't date a chick off a free site, but dammit i'll trust my puter and data to free amtivir software.

Yabaw

Banned
Administrator
I dont think i've ever paid for security software. Not a fan of AVG either. I've been using Eset NOD32 for fucking ages.

OP
Decent60

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
I dont think i've ever paid for security software. Not a fan of AVG either. I've been using Eset NOD32 for fucking ages.
I only pay for software that is worth the money. I used to have Norton, until it became so bloated that you need a top-line pc just to have it running in the background. I switched to AVG Free, had very little complaints until they stopped evolving their scanning process. I then decided after the last major virus that hit my computer, to go back to a paid subscription. Since then, I've used BitDefender as it was the only one that was able to block that major virus's subvirus from running (although it couldn't quarantine or find the root virus) which saved my PC long enough for me to get my files and wipe the drive clean. I haven't gone back and it's relatively cheap for me to secure my 3 computers for $35 or so a year.