FSA Position Knocked Out (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
This is no different than any others fighting in war, whether WW1 or Vietnam. One minute guys aretaking it easy, relaxing, then comes an alarm, and then POW...they get hit before they can set up their weaponry.

These images were taken by a US reporter who's camera was rolling.

This set took place in Aleppo, Syria on Sept 7, 2012.

1. Three FSA men cleaning the area around their post. The man with the red shirt is the field commander. Behind him, with the broom, is his teenage son. The man at left is the father of a newborn baby.
fsa-fighters1-cleaning-post-Aleppo-Syria-sep7-12.jpeg

2. Word has come in that there is a tank near their position. They get the RPG and mg's ready to take on the tank, not knowing exactly where it is.
fsa-fighters2-word-tank-coming-Aleppo-Syria-sep7-12.jpeg

3. But within seconds, the nearby tank fires a shell directly into their position.
fsa-fighters3-tank-shell-hits-post-Aleppo-Syria-sep7-12.jpeg

4. The explosion of the tank shell consumes the area and the men at the front.
fsa-fighters4-tank-shell-hits-post-Aleppo-Syria-sep7-12.jpeg

5. The only man who survived the hit (he is the one standing in the foreground - above) as he dashes away from the explosion, towards the reporter.
fsa-fighters5-lone-surivor-Aleppo-Syria-sep7-12.jpeg

The lone FSA survivor escaped with several minor injuries. The reporter was unharmed.

D

DECADENCE

Internet Warrior
Wow that camera man must have had to change his underwear I know I would have.

Great stuff DH.

AngrySwede

Fresh Meat
The actual video was floating around in the video section for a while...

I think its title was along the lines of "Family of rebels killed in Syria."

Second frame is great; at least it was quick for em..

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
The actual video was floating around in the video section for a while...

I think its title was along the lines of "Family of rebels killed in Syria."

Second frame is great; at least it was quick for em..
Yep, with it happening on Sept 7/12 the video has been around since then. The images are actually vid-grabs from the video the female journalist was taking at the time. The video shows just how quickly the whole thing happened.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
usually those war photogs take the gore shots too. but i suppose he decided fleeing would be better
She did stick around and she (or her camera-person) filmed the aftermath of the bodies of the guys that were killed and the retrieval of the dead.

I got lazy and didn't make any screen grabs of that, lols.

Back